"Don't say that," Harry snapped at the friend. He didn't even fucking know her name. "And I didn't do anything, Taylor. You were drunk, and I was drunk. It was just all a misunderstanding."

Taylor laughed loudly, drawing the eyes of the other students back on them. "Don't be daft, Harry. You left me in the room to go sleep with some other guy. No need to deny it now when I saw it myself.."

Harry swallowed.

"It doesn't matter anyway. You were terrible, to begin with."

Harry cocked his head back, slightly offended. He didn't even want to sleep with her in the first place. If he remembered correctly, she was the one who initiated everything.

"First off, I didn't even want to sleep with you that night. You're the one who dragged us in the room."

Taylor's friend raised her eyebrows.

"Second off, don't act like I offended you. All you cared about that night was sex - completely ignoring the fact that I wasn't even the least bit interested in you."

There wasn't much to say after because everyone was ushered to their first class of the day. The ruckus eventually pulled an administrative staff member from the front office. When he saw the commotion at the lockers, he yelled at everyone to get a move on. Taylor and her friend brushed past Harry and didn't bother to say anything else. The rest of the students continued to throw their harsh glares at him in the passing, some even making snide comments under their breaths. It kind of sucked that he was back to square one as the most easily hated person in the school.

With a heavy sigh, Harry turned down the hallway to head towards his locker. If he could make it the rest of the day without having too much attention on him, then that would be great. He felt like he was on edge again and that at any moment, something would happen. He hated feeling like this.

Of course, when he rounded the corner and began walking down a different hallway, he crashed into someone else. All his worrying and frantic thinking completely prevented him from focusing on where he was going. For a brief moment, his heart stopped once colliding with someone else. He feared the worst when hands reached out to grab his waist to keep him from falling.

"Harry, are you okay?"

He let out a breath of fresh air when he finally noticed that it was Nick. Thank fuck.

"Yeah, I'm sorry," Harry sighed, running his fingers through his hair. He relaxed by letting out another deep breath. When he looked around the hallway to make sure no football players were near him, he was able to loosen up a little more at knowing he was safe. "I'm just a little bit on edge right now. The school never gives me a break."

Nick smiled softly, resting a hand on Harry's back and motioning for them to keep walking. "So I heard," he noted.

"Hopefully not much."

"Well, enough," Nick eased, seeing Harry grimace. "Come on, I highly doubt you were that terrible. Taylor was just trying to hurt you."

Okay ... so ... that all sounded weird coming from Nick. He was supposed to be Harry's TA. There should be no talking of that sort between the two of them.

Bleh.

"Besides," Nick continued. "I thought you had a boyfriend?"

Great. He had to be reminded of that as well.

"The bastard cheated on me," Harry admitted bitterly. Nick frowned. "I caught him on Friday with one of my old cheerleader friends."

"Well, that explains why you went to the party then. You needed a drunk rebound."