Chapter 1 - Dangerous Woman

It was the first day of summer vacation, and a year since Stephanie had moved to LazyTown. She was already 9 years old, and had so many friends.

Sportacus was, as usual, running around town, flipping above the little yellow brick walls, when he suddenly saw a young woman, and she looked like she's looking for something.

He guessed that she was in her mid-twenties, or maybe a little less. She had brown, wavy hair, and wore a red head-band with a blue ribbon on it. She wore a rainbow-colored tank top, short jeans and white sneakers.

"She seems like she needs help..." Sportacus told himself, and flipped his way to the young lady.

"Excuse me, miss?" he asked, surprising her.

"AH! Oh, sorry, you scared me..." she said.

"Sorry. I just thought that you needed some help," he smiled at her.

"Oh, actually, yes, I am," she giggled.

"I'm looking for Stephanie Meanswell, do you perhaps know her?" the woman asked.

"Yes, yes, I do know her. Are you her sister?" he asked, assuming that she was her sister, since she looked very young.

The woman laughed a little.

"Um, not quite. I'm actually her..." she said, but was cut off by a scream.

"MOM!!" Stephanie screamed with joy.

"Stephie!" the woman exclaimed as well, and knelt down to hug her.

"Ohhh, I missed you so much, my little angel!" the woman picked her up, kissed her head, then put her back down.

"Oh, mom, uncle Milford did say that you were coming soon, but he didn't tell me when!" Stephanie told her with excitement.

"Well, now I'm here!" the woman laughed.

Sportacus looked at the two in shock – how come this woman was Stephanie's mother? She looked so young!

"Oh, Sportacus, I see that you already met my mother," Stephanie said, hugging her.

"Yes... I did..." he said, still trying to realize what is happening.

"Well, thinking about it, we were never introduced properly. So hi, I'm Melanie - Stephanie's mother," she smiled and offered her hand.

"And I'm... Uh, Sportacus," he took her hand – and he was still shocked.

"Now come on! Uncle Milford must be waiting for you," Stephanie said and dragged Melanie playfully, leaving Sportacus standing there.

"That was... Stephanie's mother?" he kept repeating.

"Hey Sportacus," a voice interrupted his thoughts. He turned around to see the other kids.

"Have you seen Stephanie? We want her to play with us," Trixie told him.

"Um, yes, uh... She just went with her mother to Mr. Meanswell," he told them.

"You mean, Stephanie's mother is in town? Wow! I can't wait to meet her," Ziggy said.

"Yeah, me too! Let's go and meet her!" Trixie said, but Sportacus stopped them.

"Wait, guys, I don't think that would be a good idea! I mean, Stephanie and her uncle probably want to have some time alone with her," he told them.

"Yeah, you're probably right..." Ziggy said, and Sportacus saw the disappointment on his face.

"But hey, I'm sure you will meet her later. So how about we'll go play together until she comes?" Sportacus suggested.

*****