Chapter Nine

Tristan stood on the mountainside, holding his black shirt tightly in his hand and let the sun warm his pale skin. He wanted her to know that he did get her message and hoped that she was still safe. It was driving him mad that he did not know where she was or if she was okay. Nevertheless, he wanted to know more on why her dragon was blocking them.

"Are you serious? Chalon sent nymphs out there?" a young male vampire exclaimed in surprise. "The nymphs haven't been out in years."

"Well Chalon is in love with Noam and we all know he would do anything for Salome." Another male voice answered.

Tristan winced at the mention of Noam. Noam was one of his best friends, but he fell in love with the wrong woman. And poor Chalon, loving the vampire since their childhood only to be used to do evil just to make Noam happy. How many of her people will she lose?

"I heard they attacked a human, fairy and a werewolf." The first voice rumored.

"And a half human and fairy," The second voice added. "Deadly with a blade, I hear. She took the head off one; I would have loved to see that happen. The half fairy is apparently beautiful. None like her are out there."

"Out for your next woman, Ari?" the first male asked with a chuckle. "Was Elena not enough?"

Ari chuckled. "Oh, I could never get enough; and imagine a half fairy. Who else could claim such a prize?" the other man chuckled with him.

Tristan bristled as the men talked more about the woman who killed a nymph. The more they talked the more crude they got and although Tristan wasn't much better when it came to women, no woman deserved to be spoke about in such a way, even if they were a vampire.

"I hear they are coming from Andulin." Ari said and Tristan heard a pebble hit a nearby boulder.

Tristan finally turned to see two vampires, Ari, a tall blond and hazel-eyed man, and Jack, a brown haired man who was slightly shorter than Ari and with brown eyes. They sat on the other side of the boulder and had not noticed Tristan was standing within earshot.

Jack was nodding. "Apparently the half fairy has powers the fairies can't help her with and think that the queen can help."

"Lucky prince!" Ari quipped. "He'll meet her first. None of will have a chance to taste her delicious blood. I would consider taking a bite out of her."

Tristan growled as he bent to pick up a two-inch rock and threw it at the boulder as hard as he could causing it to shatter on contact and brought their attention to him.

He knew they were talking about Oriana and he felt his blood boil as he realized that all the vile actions they wanted to do to the half fairy was directed at her and he would die before he'd let Ari doing any of that to her. He would murder anyone who would ever dare to touch her with such intentions

"I highly suggest that you reconsider you actions, Ari." Tristan snarled with a scowl as the two stood straighter when he spoke to them. "I hope you will treat our guests with respect that they deserve."

Ari and Jack bowed as Tristan turned on his heel and left them alone. He was beyond angry with them: and how they had spoken of his dearest friend. He should not let them live, but he was not that kind of a prince. Nevertheless, if they showed any disrespect to her, they will feel his wrath.

Tristan slammed the door to the throne room open and saw it was empty. For this, he was glad. He wanted to be alone. This was the one room he still felt his mother was near and he needed her now that all he felt was anger, confusion and worry.