Chapter Three

5:45. I still wasn't ready to go study with Tyler. I was nervous and embarrassed at the same time. I mean for the teacher to ask somebody that you are pretty sure does not like you, to help you with your homework...... I sighed and the my hair up into a ponytail, I just keep the clothes I had on. I mean why change? He won't care anyways.....

I nervously knocked on his door and waited. I heard some rustling and heard the door open. He looked at me as if he were examining me, and I didn't like it. I stood up straighter and asked if we were going to get started. He shrugged and said " sure", then he opened the door wider so I could get in. When I walked in, I was surprised. I thought his room would be messy, but I was wrong. It was as neater or maybe even neater than my room..... He walked past me and looked at me expectantly. " would you like to start now?" He asked. I nodded and got my homework out.

An hour later and I was almost finished. He was laying lazily at the end of the bed, while I sat on the floor. I was working on question 24. He was helping me work through it with a bored expression on his face. I mean couldn't he at least try to care. I finished the rest of the problems without much difficulty. I didn't know what to do, leave now or wait for him to tell me to leave himself. I decided to break the silence. "So why are you on this boat, I mean you know why I am here." He looked at me and I almost regretted asking. He sighed" because I had nowhere else to go". He gave me a look that said that was all I was going to get out of him. "Are you all done, now" he asked me. I nodded and started to get up. All of a sudden the whole boat shook and I fell into Tyler.

I looked at him and tried to stand up. He gently helped me, and I almost froze. I could not think of that right now. I had to get to dad, and see what happened. 

The only problem was I couldn't. The door wouldn't open, even when Tyler tried. I started to get a little panicked. I banged on the door and screamed until I got a hold on myself. I looked at Tyler and he raised an eyebrow. I smoothed my hair back and stood up taller. He doesn't need to know I am having a panic attack.  I looked around to see if we could pry the door open with something, and I saw it.

The water. It was rising above the windows. Then I realized. I might drown alive. I might die at the age of sixteen. I kept staring until I felt Tyler look and see the water. He started hitting the door with his shoulder. I realized he wouldn't be able to get it open. The only way out would be the window. I slowly walked toward it and examined it. It was made of pretty thick glass with a wooden frame. I had to find a way to break it. I saw out of the corner of my eye Tyler was walking toward me. I kept concentrating on the window...... Crack.

Everything went in slow motion. I saw water rushing towards me. I saw Tyler running in my direction. Then something cold hit me and I went into darkness......