"Yes!" Vera shouted as she threw her dagger at her target and landed just mere centimeters away from Lucas's. "Take that, fairy boy."

Lucas bit back the smile that threatened to break across his face. This red head was spirited. When he first saw her, he thought she would be gentle, but she proved that she was a force to reckon with. He had to admit though that her aim was excellent. They were evenly matched and she was the first to prove how evenly matched they were.

Lucas walked towards the tree where their target was a knob that was barely visible from the distance from where they were throwing. He then turned and faced Vera. "Not bad." He replied passively.

"Not bad?!" Vera's outburst almost made him grin. He loved to rile her up and watch her fiery temper get the better of her. "That was perfect!"

Oriana laughed from the log that she was sitting on about four yards away from them. She winked at her brother before she spoke to her friend. "Careful, Vee! He is a fairy and doesn't need to have anything in his hand to make you eat your words."

Vera turned towards her friend and stuck out her tongue only to receive a laugh in return. "He's just sore that I did better than him."

Duncan rose up to his elbow from the ground where he was laying by Oriana's feet to look at his friend more clearly. "Better not poke a beast, Vera." He cautioned with an raised eyebrow.

Vera crossed her arms across her chest to scowl at her friends while Lucas continued to watch her.

A slight breeze made the hair from the red head sway gently, showing her gentle beauty despite her fierce stance. Her blue eyes gleamed in the sunlight and Lucas found himself looking at them more times than he wanted to admit. Maybe this is what made him more like his father: Attracted to a human who dares to defy being different from others.

Oriana looked from her friends towards the mountains, pushing her braid over her shoulder. Lucas watched as she squinted into the distance and stood up. "What is that?" she asked as she pointed towards the mountain they were travelling to.

Lucas joined Oriana where she stood and looked to where she was pointing. It was barely there, but he could see what looked like a rainbow glimmer that would show from the sun hitting a diamond. He then heard a faint chuckle come from his sister and turned to look down at her. "What?" he asked clearly confused at her reaction

Oriana grinned up at him. "My message was received. Don't ask me how I know. I just do."

"What message?" Vera asked as she shook her hair out to redo the braid that was coming apart, forcing Lucas to try to focus anywhere but at her red curls.

Oriana shook her head. "I can't tell you yet." She replied and smiled at the light until it disappeared

Duncan then kicked Lucas's foot. When the fairy looked down at the werewolf, he stood and gestured him to follow him away from the women. Lucas had no choice but to follow. Curiosity was getting the better of him.

"Yes?" Lucas asked when they were far enough away from the women so not to be overheard.

Duncan turned and faced Lucas. "Don't think I didn't see that, Lucas. Vera is a very beautiful woman."

Lucas felt a sting in his chest as he heard the werewolf admit that the human woman was beautiful. He knew that, but why did he have to remind him? And why was he talking about him about her?

"She is indeed." Lucas said passively as to not draw suspicion to how he felt towards the human. Especially around this half werewolf who still had not shown his wolf form.