Confessions

CLAIRE'S POV

I'm not going home. I can't go home. IT'S NOT FAIR. My parents found out I was hanging out with Jim. They started abusing me and kicked me out. I have nowhere to go. So I just sit at the edge of the street near Arcadia High holding my cut arm.

"Hey Claire.....wait are you alright?" A young male voice asked. I felt a soft hand on the left side of my cheek.

"........" I didnt say anything.

"Have you been crying?....oh Claire, whats wrong?"

I knew exactly whose voice that was. And before i knew it, the male had pulled me in for a hug, I started crying on his shoulder. I felt comfortable in his arms. When I looked up, I could feel my face getting hot even though I was freezing cold. I knew it was Jim, and I had recently gathered feelings for him. I was about to tell him what happened when it started pouring with rain like a storm and Jim took my hand and went towards his house.

"Claire, can I ask you a quick question?" Jim asked concerningly.

"umm.....sure.." I mumbled.

"Why are you holding your arm?"

I hesitated. Should I tell him the truth? I mean what if he reacts in a way where my parents will get hurt... nah he wouldn't do that. I love him too much to think he'd do that. He's not that rash. I think I can trust him.

"Don't freak out when I show you ok?"

" okay " Jim said quite scared.

I pulled down my jacket sleeve and there was blood all down my arm. And a big cut just halfway between my shoulder and my elbow.

Jim gasped and hesitated. I was scared of what he was going to do.

".....Claire....how did this happen...... hang on I'll go get my mother's first aid kit and some bandages."

I blushed. He'd be great boyfriend material. Wait....... what?

"I got them... so how did you cut yourself?"

" Uhm ...well....funny story..... but .....well you see.......I didn't cut myself...." I stuttered. He looked at me confused.

" Huh? So who did cut you?"

This was a tough thing for me to say. I kept flinching as he mended my cut by cleaning it then placing a dressing on it and then bandages over the dressing.

" Um.....m-my parents...."

He looked at me shocked and mortified.

" And why did they do that might I ask?"

I hesitated. I could tell my eyes started to feel watery and blurry.

" You know when you said I should tell my parents about my little brother in the darklands and you saving him.... well they didn't believe me and started abusing me because I told them I was friends with you and they just ........"

I couldn't finish what I was saying and it seemed Jim was perfectly fine with that. It looked like he had heard enough. My eyes were flooding with tears. Jim pulled me in for a hug.

" I will always be here for you Claire because you mean the world to me. I love you I always have and I always will. I was just afraid you'd reject me. And you don't have to worry about anyone or anything. "

"Jim...." I said his name which caught his attention and grabbed his face and pulled him in for a kiss. He froze at first but then returned the kiss.

We finally broke the kiss both blushing madly but then Jim broke the silence.

"So...... uhm *cough** breathing heavily for half a second* Claire Nunez will you be my girlfriend, till death shall we part?"

I blushed and so did he.

" Yes James Lake Jr, I shall be your girlfriend, till death do us part."

And with that we kissed, but this time with more passion and love. 

A/N This was my first jlaire one shot . I hope you guys liked it. I'll be posting every 1-2 days if I'm not busy. If you guys do like it please vote and comment what you thought of it. THANK YOU.