Chapter 31: Different

Ryuko sighed as she waited for Mako to show up. She had been waiting on the bleachers for almost ten minutes. When the brunette finally showed up she sighed and sat down beside Ryuko. "Any news yet?" Ryuko asked as she looked at the sad brunette. All she received was a sad nod of the brunette's head. "Damn it," she said as she looked at the figures that were currently running around the track.

It's been almost two weeks since [Name] went missing. No one had seen him or even heard news about where he was going. To make matters worse, Zero had a theory about what happened but refused to tell anyone what he thought had happened. Ryuko also found herself sharing in the pain. Each day that passed she found more and more of her memory returning to her.

She didn't have much of it only bits and pieces but it was still more than enough to make her heart ache. She then reached up and gripped Senketsu rather forcefully. "It's okay Ryuko I know how you feel but you have to calm down," Ryuko heard the piece of clothing she was currently wearing say. When he said this she sighed and loosed her grip.

However, their thoughts were interrupted by a set of footsteps that was running towards them. They then looked to their side and saw that one of the twins were running towards them. "Xerxes what's wrong?" Mako asked looking at the male in front of her. "It's Zero someone attacked him. He's in the hospital," Xerxes said looking at the two female figures in front of him.

When they heard this the two started to head towards the hospital. When they got there they saw that the others had already arrived. They saw that Zero had several bandages around his eyes and chest and left arm. "What happened?" Ryuko asked looking at the male in front of her.

"We're not sure but Zero was just getting ready to tell us what happened," Satsuki said as she looked at the male in front of her.

"Well to put it simply I got beat by another me," Zero said looking at them. Upon hearing this several of the members that were in the room gained confused looks.

"Then give us the long answer," Xerxes said looking at the male in front of him.

"Well, the reason I had a theory as to what happened to [Name] is because I took my ring off to see all the possibilities of what could have happened to him. Most of them were unlikely however there was one that caught my interest. I chose not to share this information because there is the very real chance that this possibility was just that another possibility. However my run in with the other me just confirmed my fears." Zero said looking at them.

"So who is this other you?" Ryuko asked looking at him.

"Well, he was created the same why Nui was created he is a life fiber that is infused with my DNA. Since he has my DNA and is also me this is what lead to my downfall. I would have been able to easily be able to see and react to his movements if I had been given enough time to react to them. However seeing as how he is also technically me as well the decay metal ring was also showing him all possibilities as well. All it took was him landing one hit for him to have the advantage over me." Zero said looking at them.

"Then just tell us what we need to do so we can kick their butts," Ryuko said looking at him.

"If only it were that easy, You see the decay metal rings are just tools and like all tools they have limits, I could only see so far into the future and realities with my ring. Then there's the fact that there were now two me so it didn't know which one to give the information to. So it put us to the test it had us fight to see which one was stronger. He won and now only he can see what's going to happen. However I do know enough to tell you all that they'll be coming after the twins next," Zero said looking at the two males in front of him.

"They? Who's they?" Satsuki asked looking at the male in front of her.

"The life fiber copy of the twins of course," Zero said looking at them. "However they like me have the disadvantage in this field. The ring will respond to the DNA that is in their copy's and give them the same durability that they have. This is, of course, be no means good so we'll have to keep a close eye on them to make sure that no harm comes to them," Zero said looking at them.