'Eggiyah Ireona~'

His voice now echoes in her ears...

Kate closes her eyes and finds the courage to stop her mobile phone's alarm. It took her a few seconds before her thumb landed on the cancel key. She drops her phone on her bed and breathes in heavily. Slowly she moves away from the bed and walks towards the windows, she pushes the purple curtains away, letting the sunshine slowly seep in inside the room.

Minwoo.

His voice still echoing in her ears, no matter how she tries to stop it.

Kate forces herself to move forward and walk towards her closet, where a towel neatly hangs on its handle. She sighs at the sight of it and drags herself towards her bathroom. The mirror welcomes her sight, and Kate blinks back the tears that threatened to fall again upon seeing her reflection on it. She looked like a zombie. A broken hearted one at that.

She drags herself towards the shower and ignores the little things she saw in them. Her movements were swift, most unlike what she usually does; she opens the shower and douses herself with the coldness that comes from it. 

But it is not coldness that she is feeling right now. There is only warmth, one that comes from her eyes, down to her cheeks and into the nakedness that is her body.

He forgot to bring his shampoo with him.

Nor his freaking toothbrush.

Nor his face towel, now hanging beside her mirror.

Nor his favorite toothpaste...

Thoughts swirl inside Kate's head, and with all her strength, she blocks them. She does not need them right now. No. Her eyes have cried enough tears. It has been days, almost a week now actually.

Why did he have to leave them all behind?

Why did he have to leave her behind?

No matter what people say about how strong love is, Kate's experience defied all of it.

For sometimes, love, no matter how strong it is, is just not enough to fight everything else that challenges it.

Kate closes the shower and fights the feelings that were enveloping her. Instead she focuses on getting dressed for work and making her day right, like she used to. She proceeds towards her closet again and groans at the sight of it.

She forgot to take out the post it's on her tops. Her clothes were still as organized as they were before; days before she succumbed to her loneliness and decided to shun herself away from the world.

Kate sighs and takes one top out of the closet, along with the pants that should accompany it, taking the post it notes on top of them. 'FRIDAY' landed softly on the floor. Kate picks it up and throws it on her purple bin. She looks at her alarm clock again, it's digital keys flashing, 6:40 AM.

After dressing up and applying light make up on her face; just to hide the zombie like image she now projects, she rushes downstairs and into her kitchen to grab some food from the fridge to take to work. 

She groans upon seeing the note posted on the fridge's door.

'Baby, don't forget to drink your milk, I bought you some for this week. Your sandwich is prepared as always, grab one and heat it up at work. Don't be late! Fighting! – Minwoo'

Kate sighs again and opens the fridge, grabbing the 7th bottle of milk and placing it on her kitchen counter. She grabs one of the prepared sandwiches, there were more stack up on top of each other, each in their plastic containers. She shuts the fridge, pours milk on her purple mug, drinks it in one shot, washes the mug and places it back on its counter; she did all of this in haste, trying not to think nor to feel anything else than the emptiness that is enveloping her at that very moment.