Chapter 13 - Opening day on Cider seasson

Начните с самого начала

"And with these few barrels left over in addition to our extra stock for the rest of the week..." Applejack continues gleefully while topping off the last mug.  "...we might actually be able to satisfy everypony's thirst for the rest of this year's Cider Season!"  Once again, the rest of the family gives thunderous cheers on this grand announcement.

"And we owe it all to our newest member of the family, Ford Mustang!" Applejack says with pride as she hands me a fresh cup of that tempting cider.

"M-me?!" I stammer sheepishly in complete shock.

"Darn tootin'!" Granny chimes in.

"You bet!"  Apple Bloom joins in.

"Eeyup!"  Big Mac finishes it with his catchphrase.

"Ford, Ah know it must be hard for you considering that you're not from around here and what not..." Applejack says humbly to me after passing the rest of the mugs to her family.  "...but honestly, we can't express ourselves well enough on just how happy we are to have here in our home.  And with all of the mighty help you've been givin' around here as well as for being there when we need it the most, we just want to say that no matter what, you'll always have a special place with us as a member of our family."

I look around slowly with wide eyes as I see the rest of Applejack's family nodding simultaneously in agreement.  All of those kind words that Applejack has said to me begin to sink into my heart as my eyes start to get all watery.

"Thank you." I say to them gratefully as I nearly break into tears.  "Thank you so much."

"Now Ford, don't get them tears into yer nice cider like that!" Applejack jokes at me playfully.  "This is a time of celebration, not a time of grievin', ya know!"

"Right, of course!" I chuckle with a broad smile as I quickly dry my eyes.

"To family!" Applejack toasts with her mug raised-up.

"TO FAMILY!"  We all say in unison as we clank our mugs together.

Everypony around me chugs their drinks deeply, but as for me, mine was nothing more than a sip.  I was pretty much in silence with myself as I keep thinking about what happened to Rainbow today.

"Hey, sugercube!" Applejack snaps me out of self-induced trance.  "Why the long face here?  Usually y'all would finish yers up first before anypony else.  Is there something troublin' you?"

"It's just that..." I reply with mild hesitation.  "...I've been wondering about something.  Have you seen Rainbow Dash today?"  Applejack ponders on this for a bit.

"Ya know what?  Ah can't say that Ah have." she answers with a questioning look.  "She usually craves this stuff more than anypony!  She wouldn't miss this for anything!  Unless of course it had something to do with becoming a Wonderbolt that is."

"I'm... worried, AJ." I sadden even further.  "I hope that she's okay."

"Now don't you fret for nothing, Ford!" Applejack encourages me with a gentle pat on the back.  "That marefriend of yers is as tough as they come!"

"Yeah, I guess you're right-- WAIT WHAT?!"  My sudden blush is just as red as the apples on AJ's Cutie Mark.

"Come on, Ford." she continues to make fun of me with a devious smirk.  "Ya didn't think Ah wouldn't take notice on something like that since last week, did ya?"