Chapter 10 - A New Matchmaker: OctaScratch

Start bij het begin

"And I've lost count on how many times you keep falling for that routine!  It's not my fault you can't resist my impeccable charm!" Vinyl chuckled while stroking her mane playfully.

"Please, you are about as charming as Prince Blueblood!" Octavia smirked.

"You take that back!" Vinyl gasped at Octavia's comparison.

"I will only take it back if you will accompany me this one night."

Vinyl thought about it while turning her gaze away from Octavia.  But then, she said firmly, "I'm... not... going.  And there's nothing you can do to make me."  And she finished it by sticking her tongue out at Octavia.

Octavia was speechless by Vinyl's stubborn attitude.  Usually, her anger would get the best of her at this point, but this time, she was too tiring to keep batting this back and forth.  She had enough of this.

"You know what?" Octavia started off with a heavy sigh.  "I don't even know how or why I put up with you for so long!  All you have ever done is constantly tease me, test what little patience I have for you, and ignore me on whatever I have to say!  You're the messiest, loudest, most obnoxious pony I have ever met in my life, and I wish that you would stop acting so immature for just this one time!  But no!  That would be too much to ask of the great DJ-PON-3!"

Vinyl didn't say anything.  She didn't know what to say.  She simply lower her head in shame for all that she has done to her roommate.  Octavia turned away from Vinyl as she sighed in grief.

"You know, sometimes..." Octavia stated sadly.  "...I don't think you actually care about me anymore."

"Tavi, I do care about you!" Vinyl approached Octavia gingerly.  "In fact I--!  I..."  But she stopped.  She didn't want to finish her sentence.  She turned her attention away from Octavia.

"What?"  Octavia asked firmly as she turned around.

"N-nothing."  Vinyl stammered.

"What were going to say?"

"Nothing!"

"Just say it already!"

"IT'S NOTHING. ALRIGHT?!" Vinyl shouted wildly.  "Why should you care what I have to say anyway?!  To you, I'm just some stupid, immature punk who likes to party hard and doesn't know anything when it comes to sophisticated music, right?!"
Octavia was dumbfounded.  She didn't think that Vinyl would be so hard on herself because of her.

"Vinyl... I would never think of you like that--" Octavia said with a sad heart.

"Forget it." Vinyl snapped as she walked towards the door.

"Wh-Where are you going?" Octavia asked.

"Getting drunk, what else?!" Vinyl snapped once again before opening the door.

"F-Fine!  Go ahead!  Get wasted!  See if I care!"

"Fine!  I will!"