Chapter 4

"Oh, Kalayan, what have you got yourself involved in?" The headmaster's eyes smiled sympathetically.

"I don't know, professor. Believe me, I don't want anything of this to be actually true."

"Okay, why don't we start from the beginning, shaw we? You need to tell me everything. That's the only way I will be able to help you."

"You can't help me, professor. Unfortunately, nobody can."

The headmaster shook his head and looked me in the eyes.

"Kalayan, even the most hopelessly looking situations are able to be fixed," the professor said and took his previous seat behind the desk. "Now, I'm really looking forward to hearing the story."

I settled on my seat and looked the old wizard in his eyes, which had the ability to inspire every student with calmness and trust. I hesitated for a few seconds how much of the truth to tell him, but decided that probably he already knew everything. He was the great Albus Dumbledore, after all. And if I couldn't trust him, then who could I.

I took a deep breath and started explaining everything that had happened this summer, which definitely wasn't a little, but still, I missed a few important things. The one was the favour behind the Unbreakable Vow and the second was about my lineage. I still told him about how Lord Voldemort came to my house, threatened my parents and older brother if I refused to do whatever he wanted of me, giving me absolutely no choice and how I was forced to spend the whole vacation surrounded by Death Eaters, who were humiliating me and giving me disgusted looks all the time.

When I finished with my story, the wrinkles on the professor's forehead had become deeper and he was staring thoughtfully at some point somewhere behind me. There had been an awkward silence when I finally spoke:

"Professor?"

"Ow, yeah, sorry." He moved his eyes back on me. "You said that he came to you for a favour, but you missed to explain what."

"Well, that's the thing professor. I can't tell you," I said hoping that he would understand me.

"I see," he said after a few-seconds pause as he had read my thoughts. Dumbledore then crossed his hands on the desk in front of him and said:

"The situation is really complicated, Kalayan, yes, but you're an intelligent girl and I believe that you will find the way to get out of this mess." His kind smile showed back on his face.

I was just walking in the Slytherin Common room when I saw Carl Simpson and changed my direction towards him. He was sitting around one of the tables chatting with his usual friends.

"Hey, Simpson!" I said standing in front of them. "When will be the tryouts?"

He looked at me amazed.

"Why are you asking?"

"I'm thinking of trying out," I said simply.

"You?" The group of boys busted out laughing. "And since when you can play Quidditch?"

"That doesn't matter. Just tell me the day and time."

"Next Saturday at 3 o'clock."

"Good." And with that, I turned around and headed to the Girls dormitories. There I found Adelaide and Amelia Carrow sitting on their beds and talking quietly. When I entered the room they shut up immediately and looked at me.

"Hey," I said. "What's up?"

Adelaide just smiled and nodded towards me, but the other girl ignored my presence.

"Don't worry, Carrow, I just pop in for a second. You won't need to stay in one room with me for a long," I said unlocking the cupboard of my bedside table and taking out my Magical Creatures books.

"I wish that was possible, but we both sleep in this room," Amelia answered disappointed.

"You know, I have a great idea. You should take yourself an inhalator to clean the air in the room of my dirty mudblood breathing." I winked at her and got out of the dormitory, heading to the Library. When I got there, I chose the most sheltered table, sit there and opened the copy of Magical Creatures book, which I got from the Borgin and Burkes shop this summer. It was focusing on the Dark creatures and soon I got lost in the world of the carnivorous and highly dangerous Lethifolds, also known as Living Shrouds.

AN: Okay, this turned out to be a short part, but anyway, tell me what you think about Professor Dumbledore and Kalayan's talk in the headmaster's office in the comments. I'm really looking forward to hearing your opinions. And don't forget to vote.

xoxo,

Arol