M.I.C.H.A.E.L.

"I don't understand why I need an android to keep me company. I'm doing just fine on my own."

Dean gave Adam a look. "I love you, lil bro, but you don't go out as often as you should. I mean, you're only twenty-five and practically a hermit."

Adam slapped his oldest brother upside the head for his troubles. Dean winced, rubbing at the spot. "You try socializing when you're one of the youngest doctors in the country and have to be on call 24/7."

"Yeah, but you've never exactly been a social butterfly. Even Cas has more friends than you, and he's about as social as a brick wall."

Adam rolled his eyes at the mention of his brother-in-law. "Just because you have enough socialization skills for the both of you doesn't mean you need to buy me a friend. If I could, I would. But I can't, so I shan't."

Dean smirked, taking a sip of his beer. "Too late. Sammy pitched in, and the android should be at your house tomorrow, conveniently in time for your birthday."

Adam felt the pit of his stomach drop. Tomorrow would be his twenty-fifth birthday, but there was nothing to celebrate. Adam wanted to argue with his brother, but by the look in the older man's eye, he knew it would be wasted breath to fight this. He could only hope the droid was defective so he could send the "present" back to wherever his brothers managed to find it.

---

Adam was rudely awoken by a knock on his door. He looked over at the clock to see it was only a little past two, the young doctor having been called in at one in the morning and not getting back much before ten. Despite the wondrous advances technology had made in the past three decades, diseases were progressing just as fast. Unfortunately, there was a new strain of scarlet fever that was contracted after scientists began to bring back extinct species. Unfortunately the one species that needed to be brought back was the one that had the mutated virus. Tasmanian tigers had become rather popular since their return, but the nasty surprise had brought on a new epidemic. Adam knew the price to be paid with being a doctor, but it didn't make it any easier when he could do nothing to help his patients. Adam was brought from his thoughts by more knocking on the door. He got up quickly to answer the door, a woman in a hoodie waiting for him. She had a huge box next to her, Angel Enterprises printed on the side of the crate. "Hello. Are you Mr. Winchester?" Adam nodded. "I'm Charlie Bradbury, one of the designers of this model. I wanted to help you walk through the operating system before I leave you to it. Can I come in?" Adam moves out of her way, letting her walk in with the crate gravitating behind her. Charlie had the crate set itself on the ground before grabbing a tablet from her satchel, handing it over to Adam. He signed it hesitantly, wondering why a technician would come over to help him. Charlie took the tablet back, placing it back in her bag before taking out another one. "This tablet has all the instructions you need for him. And if you ever need my help, you can contact me or G.I.L.D.A. anytime you want. Now, onto the fun part!" Her red hair bounced in excitement as she went on to explain how the Mobile Intelligence Controlled Humanoid and Enhanced Learner worked, and all the different things he could do. Adam zoned out after Charlie began explaining (in great detail) the processing system for the android. "Ok, that should be it." That woke Adam from his daze. "I need to head off. Can't keep my girlfriend waiting and all that jazz. Have a good day, Mr. Winchester." With that being said, she made her exit, closing the door behind her.

The youngest Winchester yawned before looking over at the box before shrugging and deciding to open it. Inside was the most beautiful creature he had ever laid his eyes on. His olive skin and black hair made the android a sight to behold. Looking at the pad, Adam noticed that you needed to type a name into the program, before saying the name of the android to 'wake' it up. Adam doesn't know why he chooses the name he does, but before he knows it, he's typed in 'Michael' and saying the name out loud. Not even a millisecond later, the android's eyes opened, emerald eyes boring into Adam with an intensity that he had never seen before now. "Hello. I am Michael. And you are?"