p h a n | confide . one

Phil's POV

"Dan, will you please be quiet?! I'm trying to finish my biology paper!" I yell slightly angry towards where he would be, the living room most likely. He's always playing Halo 3 these days, and because he's such a loud and outgoing person, he has to shout whenever he dies or gets a kill.

I guess he doesn't understand that introverted people - such as me - live in his university dorm.

"You're going to regret that you blue helmet shit!" Dan threatens the game, booming once again.  I even have ear plugs in but it seems that no matter what noise-blocking medium you have, his voice will surpass it.

I pull the small orange sponges out my ears and march into the living room to see him surrounded by all kinds of junk food, including Maltesers, his favourite. Off to the right is his laptop, open on an empty Word document.

"Will you please have some respect and keep your voice down? There are people actually trying to do work." I ask, repressing my anger. He turns his head to me for a split second to snap a reply but then his character on screen gets killed.

"Phil, you made me die!" He shouts ignorantly, returning his face to the TV.

"I don't care, just shut up!" I retaliate even louder, losing my patience. Dan turns to me surprised since I've never been rude towards him.

I've let his rowdiness slide and focused on ignoring it. But today is not acceptable, I'm completely lost in biology and there's so much stress on my shoulders that I can't afford to be polite or forgiving.

I get a hold of myself before I get too mad and begin to walk back to my room.

"Phil." Dan croaks, somewhat intimidated. I spin around to face him and cross my arms, expecting something resembling an apology.

"I'm going to a party tomorrow night. Want to come?" He asks scratching the back of his neck, his Halo character dying once again.

"What? Why? You hate me, besides, don't you have friends?" I question.

"I don't hate you and, I thought we were friends." His voice slows and his eyes lower to the carpet, darting around a little, thinking of something else to say. While he seems upset, he still has his aura of goofiness around him.

"I'm not going." I mumble, turning once again.

"Fine. I'll pay you." Dan spurts and slides his Xbox controller to the side. He stands up and reaches into his pocket, pulling out his wallet.

"Wha- no! Put that away, I don't want to be bribed." Dan slides the wallet back. "Just go with one of your jock friends if you're that desperate." I try to leave but he pesters me again.

"Nobody wants to go with me since most of the people there aren't from our university."

"Then why are you going?" I raise my voice slightly.

"Well, I know the people hosting the party and I'm always down to hit up some girls." He smirks immaturely and I nearly gag.

"You're foul." I roll my eyes, still with no intention of saying yes to going.

"Come on, I can wingman for you. Help you get a few gay guys." Dan steps forward more from excitement but I shake my head.

"No gay guys are going to be there." I mutter in denial, also partly mad that Dan used my sexuality as a bargaining chip. While I am completely open about it, I feel uncomfortable being a pawn in his game.