Last Autumn-PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

I hate gummy bears.

Okay. I know that sounds weird like I’m from a different planet but believe me I’m not. It’s not that I haven’t tasted those sweet confections. I have.  In fact there was a time I liked eating those, my favorite were the red ones. I used to pick the red ones out and eat it last.

But when I eat gummy bears it takes me to the last year of high school.

They say high school defines who we grow up to be. For some this may be true and for others it might be just nonsense. I am one of those who think that high school is where it all starts; where just one insult from the head of a posse changes the life of a kid. To make you understand better, let’s say the quiet boy who reads all the time at the back row bumps into the “queen bee” of the school, unfortunately the one reigning in that particular school was a mean one. So she goes on ahead and humiliates him by calling him a “geek” in front of everyone. And from that I bet you know how it goes, the other kids would turn on him and etcetera etcetera. Mind you this may not be happening in every high school but it does happen in some.

But you see how the power of high school can be.  

Or again that may be just me who thinks all that is true. That high school changed me.

I was a normal student back then just another face in the crowd until Lawrence came into my life. He was not a jock nor was he popular and no one really saw what I saw in him back then, in their eyes he was ordinary.

He was my best friend. A person I can trust and be comfortable with. When it was only the two of us together I felt no need to put up an act, that if I wanted to be goofy I could be. It was enough for him and that was all he wanted.

A/N:

To my old readers, I might not be able to continue “See with your Heart” any time soon, the drafts I have on my laptop were deleted when my friend reformatted my computer. I wasn’t able to keep a copy of it. SO yeah, sorry.  I hope you like this story.

COPYRIGHT 2012 © purplecursor