Chapter 1: NOT my boyfriend.

"Ella... Ella.."

I heard a faint voice calling my name. All I saw was darkness. I looked around frantically for any sign of light, but all I saw was black. That is, until my mom threw open my curtains and the intense light of a dreaded Monday morning flooded my room.

"Come on Ella-Bella time for school!" My mom chirped. She was always in too good of a mood. I mean it was Monday for god's sake.

"Mom.. I told you not to call me that anymore.. I'm going to be seventeen in like 2 weeks.."

"I'm sorry sweetie.. I guess you're just growing up to fast.. I remember when you were a baby. You used to.." She started going into one of her mom stories again. I exhaustedly moved my hand around, searching for a snooze button that didn't exist. My mom rolled her eyes, "Haha. Very funny. C'mon, get up. Don't wanna be late do you? Nevermind. Don't answer that."

As my mom walked out of my room I slowly dragged myself out of my bed and collapsed on the floor. Mornings were not my thing. I took off my pajamas and threw on slightly ripped skinny jeans and an ATL shirt. I knew my mom didn't approve of some of my music so I threw on a black sweatshirt over it. I was finishing up my eyeliner when I heard something hit my window, which made me almost stab myself in the eye with my pencil. I stood up, slightly aggravated and walked to the window. I looked down and rolled my eyes, then reluctantly opened my window before Luke threw another pebble.

"For it is the west, and Juliet is the sun" Luke swooned dramatically.

"It's east moron!" I joked. Luke was my best guy friend. NOT boyfriend. Let me repeat that, NOT my boyfriend. My friends are always ripping on me about Luke and I. We've been best friends for so long, it'd be weird if we dated. Besides, I'm perfectly happy with my boyfriend Josh. We've been dating for a while now and I couldn't be happier. I swear.

"Harsh." Luke stuck out his lower lip and his piercing shone in the sun. Oh, and did I mention that my mom would NEVER let me date a guy like Luke, because "he's too punk". Even though everyone knows that Luke is just an incredibly sweet goofball. Wait. NOT my boyfriend.

"What are you doing? I'm trying to get ready!"

"I thought I would give you a ride, since your sister already took the car."

"What?!" Typical Kylie. She thinks just because she's a year older, she's superior and can take the car in the morning without giving me a ride. I can't wait till she's off at college. Oh right, there's no way she's going to college.

"Yah. No car for you!" Luke smirks.

"I'm starting to wonder if you paid my sister to leave without me just so you could escort me to school" I love making fun of him like this. He tries to play it off cool and almost succeeds, but I still see his cheeks go pink for a second.

"I guess we'll never know" He winks at me and I remind myself again that I am perfectly happy with my boyfriend.

"ELLA? WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO UP THERE? YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE!"

"ALRIGHT MOM." I hold one finger up, signaling for Luke to give me one minute, and then shut the window. I fix my bangs one last time and then throw on my beanie and run down the stairs, grabbing my backpack on the way down the hall. I grab the piece of buttered toast that's waiting for me on the counter and start to walk out the door.

"Ella, Kylie took the car already, how are you going to get to school? Do you need a ride?" No way was my mom driving me to school.

"No thanks mom, Luke's gonna give me a ride"

"Ella, you know how I feel about that boy, he's a bad influence on you and-" I shut the door behind me and skipped down the walkway to Luke's tiny car.

"I'm surprised you haven't bought a new car yet. Isn't this thing ruining your "punk" reputation?" I joked again.

Luke rolled his eyes, "Haha. You're hilarious. Besides, the guys and I have been practicing hard, you'll see our faces on an album cover soon."

"Sure I will. I'm sure playing shows for your stuffed animals is really gaining you guys a lot of popularity."

"Shutup.. Mr. Cuddles and Mrs. Hugs-a-lot are a great audience.." Luke and 3 of his friends are in a band, if you wanna call them that. They've yet to play anywhere but Luke's basement, and even I've never heard them play. I'm starting to wonder if there really is no band, and they use it as a cover up for being in some kind of sewing club.

"Do you guys even have a name yet?"

"We're working on it okay? Calum and I are thinking something along the lines of '5 seconds of summer'." He waved his hand out, as if reading the name off of a broadway sign.

"Keep your hands on the wheel, dumbass." Luke is a bit of a dramatic. Always has been. It's kinda cute, I guess. Sometimes I think he just needs to get his head out of the clouds and realize how hard it is to become successful in today's music industry when you don't have any connections.

We pulled into the schools parking lot and Luke parked the car, almost hitting a couple students walking. He's an absolutely terrible driver. I was shocked when he passed his drivers test. Must have been some kind of mistake with the scores. We started walking into the school and Luke picked me up bridal style just before we walked in the doors. I started lightly slapping him, "Luke, you know you can't do that. I have a boyfriend."

Luke pouted and sighed, "Fiiiine." He put me down and we walked into the school, nearly running right into a huge crowd of kids yelling about some kind of fight.

"What's going on?" I got on my tip toes to see over the crowd, just as the principal pulled Josh and Michael (one of Luke's friends) away from each other.