“Whatever. We’ll make the batter and you two, lovebirds, can cook them. Don’t mess up. We’re hungry”

“I don’t understand why you guys insist on eating my food when your apartments are two floors down”

“Why should we spend our money when we can mooch off of yours?” Clarke heard Lexa chuckle behind her. “It's payback after our college years. You lived off of me and Bell before you started stripping” Lexa brushed her lips against Clarke's ear.

“You were a stripper?”

“I think they prefer the term exotic dancer. And I was a burlesque dancer. I never stripped. I was already half naked” Clarke winked at the brunette before kissing her cheek.

“Christina Aguilera and Cher would be proud” Raven said. “It's how we met”

“Yeah, she waited for my shift to end so she could ask me out”

“You could have at least humored me. I barely got a sentence out before she shot me down” Clarke and Lexa were in their own world. Clarke had turned around in her seat with Lexa in between her legs and her arms around the composer's neck, their tongues battling for control of their kiss. “Or listen to me now instead of sucking face!” Lexa grasped Clarke's knees, pulling her closer to the edge of the stool. The door slammed close, completely ignored by the two. “Hey, mama G” Clarke pushed a slightly dazed Lexa backwards, then spun around in her seat.

“Hi, mom” The elder Griffin slid off her coat, glancing at Lexa. “I would've liked a little bit more warning before you show up”

“I would've preferred a warning before your face is plastered on magazines and articles, calling you a home wrecker. I'm running for mayor, Clarke. All the press you're receiving is a distraction from my campaign. Keep your affairs private or prevent them from occurring”

“It baffles me how you always believe what you read but when I suggest that they could be wrong, I'm brushed off as wrong immediately”

“I'm not here for your excuses, Clarke. Do you have any idea how this affects me? I let you pursue this career, hoping you would realize it was a mistake before this got out of hand. Your father will be disappointed”

“You didn't let me do anything. I chose this for myself. Unlike you, dad has supported me regardless of my decisions. Maybe you should've chosen a career that doesn't depend on my compliance because you'll never get it”

“You're being childish”

“Well, I sincerely apologize  for my career being such a disappointment. I didn’t realize every decision I make should be for the betterment of your career. You know, forget my dreams. It’s all about you. Why should that change? Even though I’m twenty-five and partially successful. Right?” Lexa glanced between the two Griffins, wrapping her arms back around Clarke. Raven caught Lexa’s eye and nodded for her to take Clarke to her room.

“Mama G, not that we don’t love it when you visit but when are you leaving?” Bellamy asked, blocking the two views of each other.