CH:13 I'm Sorry

750 READERS!!! YESS FAMM!! ITS LIT BRUH. thank you everyone so much. You all are so sweet and YALL ARE LIT FAM!!

That idea... that idea wasn't mine. It was Octavius's..

...He helped me after I told him about the spar. I'm sorry, I really am just a klutz." It hurt saying that out loud and to myself.
Mezumi's expression didn't change, she looked like she didn't care.
"Oh well, I figured as much. I'm just surprised you came out with it. All my other students would have just took the credit. Your different." She had no expression on her face, I on the other hand were a completely different story. My jaw was hanging wide open, if my eyelids were any more apart, I feel like my eyes would have fell out of thier sockets.

"So I take it, your not mad then?" I stupidly questioned.
"Well no you dumb, but I still want to be able to measure how fast you can prevent a counter attack, so let's try again. Your going to punch me again and I'm going to catch your punch as usual, but before you counter my next attack, keep in mind your not allowed to use any of the strategies you just mentioned to me. No kicks up or to the side, and if you kick down, that ultimately does nothing, so that would be useless." She stated now getting interested.
"So basically because I told you the truth, your going to challenge me even more?" I asked no longer surprised by Mezumi's cruelty.
"Well when you put it that way... then yes! You have one minute to think this through. Starting now." She crossed her arms and started counting down.

"OH MY WORD, WHAT IS UP WITH HER AND THSES MINUTES?!!?!?!? Ok think [F/n], think. What would happen if I- no that wouldn't work. Ok what if I-no she's smarter than that. What if I just let her knock me out?! AH GET IT TOGETHER [F/n], JUST THINK OF A COUNTER ATTACK. Wait a second... counter attack, what if I don't actually use one."
"....18, 17,16..." Mezumi's smile got wider as the numbers got lower.
"Ok I don't know if this will work but, maybe... just maybe."
"Times up klutzy. Give me your best." Mezumi got into a stance.
"It's now or never."

I used all the strength and power in my body and generated it all into my punch, so much power that my body followed my fist.
I jumped towards her as my fist flew exactly in her direction. But this time I punched with my opposite hand. Not my regular one that I'm so used to punching with but the one Mezumi told me to use my sweeping force with. "Who would of thought?"
Just as I expected, she grabbed my fist but what she didn't expect is it to be from my opposite side. Mezumi stoped my punch and focused on my next attack but there was none. What she didn't realize, is that my body was still flying throught the air, passed my fist and then passed her.
I landed behind Mezumi to the side and when I did, I didn't spend a second to rest.
I immediately whipped my entire body around to stand millimeters away from Mezumi facing her back. My free hand came out from my other side and travelled around her body to her neck.
I places my hand like a sword on her neck.

She was stuck in my trap.

"Very well klutzy. You managed to trap my body and seize one of my vital points. The human neck. Well done, you pass onto the next phase." I couldn't see her face but I bet she was grinning.

"I wonder if my hand was a real blade, hmm what would happen then?" I asked getting a little to cocky.

"Oh what would happen? This would."

Mezumi crouched down, almost on her knees, grabbed my hand at her neck and harder on the fist she already had and yanked me right over her.
"Is this déjà vu?" Some how I knew how this was going end. Thud.

Once again I was on my back.
"You have got to be kidding me, not again!" I moaned.
"Come one Klutzy, close-combat 101, never drop your guard, never." She sighed as she put her hand to her forhead.
"But you did well [F/n] that was unique, and that was a first I've ever encountered from a student. I think I'm going to enjoy being your mentor."
She walked away putting up ten fingers signaling she would be back in ten minutes.

I contemplated my defeat until I heard a certain voice.
"That was pretty cool [F/n]." Octavius popped out of nowhere.
"Agha Octavius! How long have you been watching?" I felt uncomfortable as I realized he watched my embarrassing defeat.

"Basically when you mentioned my name. Thats where things got interesting." He grabbed my hand and pulled me up. "So I've been meaning to tell you... ever since yeaterday, you've been avoiding me. I know yesterday I really shocked you but this morning today, you basically ran from me. Listen.. I don't know if I triggered something yesterday but I'm really sorry. Is there anything I can do to make it ip to you?"

I was shocked.

"Wow Octavius... wow I didn't know you felt like that. Yes I was ignoring you but it's not your fault. You just... reminded me of a certain someone. And this morning, was a different story but the reason why I ran is a relevent." "Wow I played that off so well."
"But I'm sorry, lets just forget what happned? Is that ok? You don't owe me anything." I pleaded with a smile.

"That's good, I thought you were super mad but I guess you don't hold grudges. Thanks [F/n]." His grin reminded me of Gon.
"Awwe why is he saying thank you. I should be saying thank you."
He held up his hand up. I smiled then high fived him.

Simplicity, that was Octavius's best trait. Maybe that's what made him so similar to Kurapika or maybe that was just his own charm.

Either way something in that moment changed the way I saw him. I knew we would grow to be close partners and even closer freinds.

??? Point of View
"I miss her. I miss her so much. I miss her touch, I miss her hugs, I miss her kisses. I miss her everything."

"Just wait [F/n], I swear I will get this stupid phantom troupe crap done with, then I'll come find you."

*SQUEALS*
also who wants to make a lit cover for me, cause mine sucks!

-bentii