CH:7 Wait a Second, What?!

Shout out to Foxy_Kitsune_ for being here since I started, she's lit.

I walked up the porch to my house still contemplating my words. It wasn't a big house or anything, but considering it was only me that lived there, it was pretty roomy.
To this day, although it hasn't been very long, I still remember 'him' through it.
After all, he helped me pick the design and coulors of it. It wasn't this grand piece of artwork but for a person who makes there living off of 'mini hunter jobs' (as I like to call it, which actually pays a fair amount), I think it was pretty decent, actually that would be and understatement.
But Kurapika's smirk still lied with in the walls.
Everytime I think about him and how he broke up with me so heartlessly!! I get so angry just thinking about it. I just don't understand how you can shatter someones heart, lie to them and then completely disrigard them as if they never exsisted.
I'm done feeling sorry myself, I already vowed to myself I would
make him understand the hurt and disrespect I felt. The pain that I suffered through. All of the tears I wasted on him wouldn't be in vain.

As I pushed the doorknob to my house, something slipped out and landed on my feet.
A letter.
"This must be from the Hunter Association." I muttered to myself as I walked in.
I quickly put everything down, grabbed a cup of hot chocolate and ploped down on my comfy couch. The top if the letter had big bold writing on it.
To Mrs. [Y/n] [L/n]
Before opening up this letter, please be sure that no one else is around you to read it.
"Wow secretive"

I closed my eyes and tryed to feel any unnecessary presence around me. I don't know how I could do it but just as I am very perceptive I am also extremely aware of my surroundings and atmosphere. I don't try and be, but for some reason it just came naturally. Basically,  I could sense if others were around me.... I wonder if that's what Nen is.
I didn't feel any other presense than my self and the neighbors dog who always preferred my front yard over his own.  Taking in a deep breath, I opened up the letter to read it's contents.
It wasn't a very long letter, a couple sentences at most not that it mattered, I only unfolded the piece of paper and my knees were already shaking.

Dear Mrs. [Y/n L/n]
As you know, you have been trusted with the task of transporting three valued objects from the Hunter Association to YorkNew. It's self explanatory that this will be a dangerous mission but in anycase be on your guard at full time.
You will arrvive at the Association 10:00 AM tommorow morning and depart at 10:30, not a minute later. Your partner will be Mezumi Hirigawa, from the testing department. If you have more any questions or concerns about your assignment, its best you ask her before anyone else.
As for the valuables you have been assigned, you have been trusted to transport The Crown of Omoide, The Glass Maiden and The Kurta Eye's.

I spit out my hot cocoa so fast I started choking. Did it actually say what I think it said or am I going crazy.
"No friking way, The Kurta Eyes?! I'm going to transport them. Oh my word IM GOING TO TRANSPORT THEM."
I must of re-read  the letter about a hundred times before I started to believe my own eyes. I just couldn't believe it.
"Kurapika's spent his life looking for pairs of these eyes, they've been in his grasp this enture time."

Out of habit I grabbed my phone and started dialing his number.
"Wait! What the hell am I doing?!" I questioned myself outloud.
"Thats would have been embarrassing if someone heard me. AGH BACK TO THE PHONE, listen [Y/n] this isn't your problem anymore. Kurapika and his vows don't concern you! and now I'm talking to myself in my head, nice one [Y/n]"

I looked back at the letter and then at my phone and back and forth and back and forth.

"Seriously... this isn't my fight. If Kurapika wants to find the eyes.... he can do it by himself."
I slowly felt my blood boiling.
"Or he can do it with that stupid Ginger Kir-Chan" (No offense to Gingers, ya'll are littt)

After re-reading the letter I threw it in the fire, and started packing for my trip. I wasn't going to need much, just basic necessities. I was nore interested in who this Mezumi Kirigawa girl was.

"Hm, If I remember correctly, Netero said that there would be four people on my mission and then later during the mission we would split up into pairs. I wonder why? Maybe he doesn't want to put all his eggs in one basket. It would be easier trying to regain three artifacts than six. If the four of us travel together, there could be more of a chance of someone attacking us and taking all the artifacts at once... Ya that must be it.

I looked at the time. Wow had time gone by. I started getting ready for bed, I had a huge day tommorow and it's best that I be at my most best ability for what comes.
I am a warrior, I have stamina, strenght and all.. but I am not a God. I'm not like Gon or Killua but I do my best to keep up. I can't take any of strenghts for granted, I need to store all the energy I can.
"Ah stop stressing, I may not be a God but I'm still [F/n] [L/n]. I'm powerful in more ways then one. I'll show them, I'll show him."

-bentii