Chapter One

He sat on the floor next to the small toddler, no older than two, as they both played together. He would pick up their stuffed animals and give them silly voices and names, making the little child squeal in delight.

He laughed with them. He stood up and stretched, checking the time on his watch. "Alright kiddo, it's time for you to get some sleep." He lightly poked their belly as he put emphasis on 'you', causing the toddler to squeal again. They reached their arms to be picked up, to which he obliged.

He lifted the toddler up into the air and carried her over to their "big-kid-bed", setting them down on it. "Now you get some sleep, you hear me?" He tucked his child in and lightly kissed their forehead, bidding goodnight.

As he switched the lights off and closed the door quietly, they began to drift off to sleep. The small child began to sleep peacefully, snuggling into the warm comforter and pillow.

A gust of strange wind blew through the room, causing the child to hide within their blankets for warmth. Faint but quiet footsteps could be heard starting from the doorway to her bedroom.

The room grew cold and the sound of piercing static filled the room, causing the young one to toss and turn. The shadowed figure stood by the bed, watching the child struggle. The mere presence of the shadow seemed to be giving them a nightmare.

They had an argument in their head, whether this was the best way to get their revenge or not. It seems as though the dominant blue had won that one. He would not let this one chance slip right through his fingers.

They shook their head, clearing it of all distracting thoughts they had. They rubbed one of their hands over the child's forehead and began to hum, causing the tossing and turning to cease.

They relaxed as she slept peacefully as the sound of their voices mixed and mingled.

This gave the shadow the chance to wrap the child in the first blanket they touched, and proceeded to carry them out the room. They slowly passed the bedroom in which the child's parents slept. Their family dog was at the foot of the bed, resting her head on someone's foot.

She sat up and growled at the unknown figure, holding the child she knew to protect. The figure noticed how the father was shifting, signaling that he was waking up. They watched as the man sat up, looking at the figure tiredly before his eye widen in terror.

Before he could awaken his wife or rush over to his baby, he watched helplessly as the figure disappeared with the child sleeping soundly in their arms as they were still humming the tune.

They reached their house, and the kitchen light was still on. Unsurprisingly, they saw someone sitting at the table with his head in his arms on the table, a few empty shot glasses crowding the table. The only sign of life in him were his slight hiccups as he sobbed quietly to himself.

They sighed and walked over to him, carefully moving the toddler in their arms so that they could pat the man's back. The man jumped in shock and looked back at the figure, sighing in relief upon seeing who it was. "O-oh, you're back." He yawned and wiped his eyes, looking back at the table for a second. "I was just-" he cut himself short, looming at the toddler in the figure's arms.

"Who's child is that?" He looked up at the figure, his confused expression quickly changing to surprise, "Did you really-" "No, I did not." He looked at the man for a second, observing him.

He noticed how messy the man's attire was, from his grey suspenders to his pink bowtie being left untied around his neck. His hair looked just how it would if kept untamed for a few days. A bad day at work obviously.

They patted the man's shoulder, hearing his light sniffles. "Come on, you need to get some sleep." They helped him stand and directed the drunken man to his room, helping him to sit on his bed. Before anyone knew it, the man burst into tears again, repeating the words "I'm sorry" under his breath.

The figure sighed and felt the child move in their arms. They proceeded to, quite awkwardly, rub the kid's back and sooth them back to sleep. The shadow carried them out of the man's room, gently closing the door, before carrying them to their new room.

They tucked the sleeping toddler into the small bed, the room almost identical to their previous one with that wretched man. They brushed the hair out of their rosy-cheeked face and jumped at the quiet chuckle coming from the doorway.

"Did you really just take their baby away because you can't make one yourself." The man chuckled, rubbing his mustache as he waited for a reply.

"I was not meant to have a child, I was not meant to raise one. I only have one thing on my mind and that is my revenge."

The man smiled drunkenly, "Yeah, but how will this be apart of your revenge? He will just come back for them again."

The figure chuckled and crossed his arms at his friend's remark, leaving the mustached man perplexed. "I will have that taken care of, Will. All you need to do is to keep your mouth shut and keep your gun in it's holster."

He turned the light off and closed the door, making his way to his own room. "Whatever you say, Damien." They froze where they stood, dead in their tracks. The figure twitched ever-so-slightly.

The man stuttered, "I-I mean, Dark." The glitching figure grumbled quietly and walked into his room, closing the door.

______________________________________
ɪ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋs ғᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪs ᴄʀɪɴɢʏ ɢᴀʀʙᴀɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʙʀɪɴɢɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ᴄʟᴏsᴜʀᴇ ʙᴜᴛ I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ
sᴏʀʀʏ
ヽ('∇`)ノ

- ᴍᴇ. ᴏʙᴠɪᴏᴜsʟʏ