Chapter 4- I Love You

A/n sorry guys if this chapter sucks, I just read a really sad skyeward story, by therookieandtherobot  called "you're my life" you guys should read it, I am still crying, it is amazing, anyway School started again, so I am not sure how often I will be able to update so sorry, and thanks for reading!

Those words, I Love You, stayed in Grant's mind all night, he couldn't fall asleep, knowing that Skye had woken up. He was so happy and wished he could go to her but knew he needed sleep after countless nights of little to no sleep. Around 2:00 am, he finally started to drift off.

"Agent Ward, nice of you to join us" Ward stumbled into the med bay in the afternoon, the whole team was already there. He laughed at Skye's joke. "Yeah well, good to see you awake Rookie!" He was smiling before but now he had a huge grin on his face. The team talked a little, then noticed Skye was starting to fall asleep, so they all quietly shuffled out. Ward stayed behind just long enough to plant a kiss on her cheek, and say "I love you Rookie" she smiled up at him "I love you too Robot."

A couple hours later, a motion detector, that Simmons placed in Skye's "room" went off, the whole team ran to her, she was trying to stand up. Just as she was about to fall, Ward came in and caught her "what are you thinking Rookie, you can't get up yet, you need to heal!" He looked genuinely concerned and that made Skye laugh, but she quickly regretted it wincing in pain. Ward helped her back on the bed "come on Ward I'm fine, you don't need to worry, and I just want to stretch my legs" Skye looked at him with a pleading look.

"No, you stay in bed till Simmons says otherwise!" Fitz, May and Coulson walked out, leaving Skye and Ward talking and Simmons giving Skye her pain meds.

"Skye on a scale from 1-10 how much does this hurt?" Simmons asked as she put her hand very gently on top of Skye's gunshot wound. "About a 9" Skye said trying not to scream out in pain. She was squeezing Ward's hand very hard, like one of those stress relievers, and looked over at him to see him look like he was in pain. She quickly let go, thinking "I shouldn't make him suffer just cause I'm in pain."

"Hey it's okay Rookie, you can squeeze my hand if you need to." He looked at her with such caring eyes it made her feel all squishy inside. "No, I Don't need you in pain along with me." She looked over at Simmons who was giving her pain meds, and realized that they were the same ones she got before, the ones that made her sleepy. She quickly fell asleep.

Wards POV

After Skye fell asleep, I went into the common room to find the rest of the team in there watching M.A.S.H. "Hey, you guys said that you wouldn't watch another episode without me!" I tried my hardest to sound angry, but I can't stop thinking about Skye so it doesn't really work.

"Hey Ward, how's Skye?" Coulson asks after pausing the episode. "She is in a lot of pain, Simmons injected her with "pain killers", but I think it was a sedative to help her sleep" I sit on the couch next to Fitz and motion toward the tv so Coulson would start it again, but he didn't. "Ward, I know you blame yourself for what happened to Skye, but it isn't your fault. It isn't anybody's fault but mine, I sent her in there without enough training." He looked toward the floor thinking it was suddenly the most interesting thing on the planet. "No Coulson, you sent me with her to protect her, you had no choice but to send her, nobody else is that caring about someone, (besides Simmons, but she knew less about fighting than Skye) other people would've just put a bullet through the skull of this person." I looked at Coulson kind of annoyed hoping he would get the hint to start his tv show back and stop talking to me. He did.

I stood up, walked to the bar, and poured myself a scotch. "Hey Ward!" I looked behind me to see a smiling Fitz waking towards me with a crate in his arms. "What's that you're carrying Fitz?" I asked eyeing the package. "Oh nothing it's just a............" He mumbled the last part so I couldn't hear what he said. "Fitz?" I ask suspiciously "what's in the package?"

Fitz makes his way towards me "you have to promise not to tell anybody about what I am about to show you, okay?" The way he said that makes me even more suspicious so I answer with a simple "gotcha" to see what is going on, and Fitz pulls out a small brown thing...... He bought a monkey!

A/N
Sorry this chapter is quite a bit shorter than the others, and I am really sorry it took me so long to update. I will make it up to you and post two tomorrow, it is almost 2 am right now so u won't be making another one tonight, sorry. Thanks so much for your encouraging comments and don't forget to vote!!!!! 😘