Inspiration #1

These next few lines are from the song Can't Hold Us by Macklemore.

I-N-D-P-E-N-D-E-N-T

Chasing dreams since I was fourteen.

Nah, they can't tell me nothing. We give it to the people. Spread it across the country.

This is the moment. Tonight is the night. We'll fight 'til it's over.

And my girl, she wanna see Rome.

I got my city right behind me. If I fall they got me.

And my people

The fear is there to prove courage exists.

OK. Yes, this is a song. Don't think of it as a song though. Think of it as a story. Each line is it's own. I got my city right behind me. If I fall they got me. That could mean the character is respected and supported. They are revolting against something. Or they are very popular and everyone is on their side. Figure out something that works for you.

This is the moment. We'll fight 'til it's over. It could involve a gang fighting for something all gangs want. Or this is the one moment of glory. The on emoment for someone to have their wish to be a hero. This person (or group) is a tough cookie.

Do you guys see my point? Look at it at a different angle and ideas can start flowing. Once you get into the mindset of seeing it not as lyrics, but as stories, you CAN create any story you want. I've done it millions of times. Just use that moment or event or action that speaks to you and don't think. Let your mind wander.