She gave him a look. Not like she had been given any other choice in the matter. She suspected Chanyeol had a snake constrictor DNA in his blood. Once you were in his hold, he would never let go.

"Please don't fight me on this, Suzy."

"Since you said please."

"Just wear what's in those bags, and let's go."

She would have rolled her eyes at him, but she was too curious about what's in the bags. Leaving him again in the living room, she hurried back to her room and placed the bags on her bed. She looked into the first one.

A pile of bran-new cosmetics and hair products fell out of the bag - everything Chanyeol had taught her how to use for the garden party. Then she peeked inside the second bag.

"Cowboy boots?" she asked loudly, taking out the brown leather boots and blinking at them. When she checked the soles, her size was stamped there along with the words GENUINE LEATHER. She should have known Chanyeol would overspend.

"The event is called the Summer Swing," Sehun answered from the living room.

"You're really going to stay there until I'm done?"

"I think that's for the best, yes."

Shaking her head, she looked through the rest of the bag's contents and came up with the cutest pink-checkered linen dress. She had to hand it to Chanyeol. The guy had taste. Maybe having him as her personal shopper wouldn't be so bad.

"Yee-haw," she mumbled under her breath.

"Did you say something?"

__NO LOVE ALLOWED__

Holding Suzy's hand - for appearance's sake, definitely not because he liked how hers fit in his - Sehun led the way to the massive red barn where the Summer Swing was . . . well, in full swing. He hated himself for the pun, but having Suzy with him changed the air surrounding them. She lightened his mood appreciably after a stressful week at the firm. His father had been on a tear because of an important case. Dare Sehun say he had looked forward to seeing her again. A part of him wished he could have been there when Chanyeol brought the art supplies. But damn his cousin for even suggesting that he should pose for her naked. Just like him to plant that seed in Suzy's head to get him back for making her mad. It had become obvious pretty fast that Chanyeol was on her side, after he declared her his personal Barbie. The traitor.

And he had met her mother. What must that have been like?

He had come to her house with the specific purpose of picking her up and giving her a piece of his mind for not returning his texts. But as soon as she had open the door in her painting overalls and dry paint brushes sticking out of a messy bun, his annoyance disappeared. A kind of happiness had taken its place. He could barely contain himself when she allowed him into her home. Small as it was, the space was warm and lived in, with its comfortable couch, picture frames, and fireplace. And her paintings . . . The vibrant colors went with her vibrant attitude.

On the ride over she had asked him question after question about the event, and he had answered them to the best of his abilities, letting her know that each Summer Swing was different depending on who his father hired to plan it. This particular one they were attending had a Western theme. "Hence the boots," she had said, an twinkle in her eyes as she twirled for him after he'd helped her out of the car.

Even from a step behind him, Sehun can feel Suzy's excitement. She squeezed his hand, and he looked at her from over his shoulder as they walked down the path leading to the barn's entrance. Like Chanyeol had told him, the pink of the dress - or rose as his cousin had called it - set off the paleness of her skin. Her hair, sans paintbrushes, moved as she did, framing a face he had wanted to kiss since she'd come out of her room ready to attend their second event of the summer.