"I hurt Bucky. I threw him at the wall and he hit his head hard," I stifled my crying and clasped my hands together, "so hard."

"Darby, Darby. Listen to me," Clint then put his arm completely around me while Nat rubbed my knee, "I know you would never hurt Bucky on purpose. You were scared," he continued, making me wince on behalf of the word.

I shook my head once more and bit my lip. "I'm so mad at him."

Nat gave Clint a worried look and nudged him on.

"You're mad at Bucky? He didn't know what he was doing, he was being brainwashed Darby, he couldn't have-"

"No, no. Not that. I know that, I'm not stupid. I'm mad at him that he would have the audacity to leave me for the dead. Doesn't he know that I can't live without him?" I mumbled, my hands shaking and stuttering with my words.

Nat nodded her head and smiled.

"Darby, I know that's not the case. He needs you just as much as you need him," she pursued.

"I beg to differ," I sniffled.

She looked down at the hand that was still caressing my knee and smirked.

"He would 't stop talking about you on the way to the base, you know? He kept yammering like a schoolboy about how amazing you were."

I was so emotionally confused that a tear ran down my face all the while I tried to conceal a smile.

"But you know what? Along with all that cute stuff, he told us how broken you were, and how important it was to him that he stayed with you," she told with a more serious face.

I pursed my lips and glanced up at Clint.

"It's true," he raised up his hands, "I saw the whole thing. He got all pink about it," Clint giggled.

I laughed quietly and wiped my face. I sniffled and fiddled my thumbs a few times before Nat patted me and suggested we 'get you out of here'. They led me up to my living room and sat with me on the couch until the boys' condition were announced.

Jarvis firstly informed us that Sam had a concussion and a fracture in his cheekbone. Then he told us that Steve had two bullets removed and was resting nicely in the post-op room.

"Jarvis, any information on Bucky?" Clint asked, knowing very well that I was eager to find out. He probably noticed my feet twitching and creases of sweat clam between my fingers.

"He's in surgery right now but he should be out soon. As of right now, he is in stable condition and my calculations show that he should have a steady recovery," the AI replied, disappearing back into the air.

Clint thanked the computer and smiled at me. He pet my hair, which was nice, but nothing like Bucky's touch. Nat caressed my arm like before and it felt weird for them to soothe me like this.

I could sense their fear. It was minimal, but it still was there. It meant even more that they still consoled me despite this gut-feeling. I don't know why Bucky felt like an outcast here. These two obviously liked Bucky enough to take care of me for him.

I mean, why else would they be so nice? It obviously wasn't because of their undying love for people who threaten their lives.

.............................................................................

"Hey, Darby, wake up," Clint nudged me off his shoulder. The room was almost completely dark so I must have been sleeping for awhile. Luckily, Nat and Clint found the remote to the television, otherwise I don't know how they could have sat there for so long.

I rubbed my eyes and outstretched my legs.

"Miss Whitmore," Jarvis' normally prominent voice had been lowered to almost a whisper.

I looked up to the ceiling, still not completely trusting of this man.

"Mister Barnes is awake. He is asking for you."

Hey!! Here is an extra long chapter to make up for not writing for a while :)
School was keeping me really busy and my creativity was being drained so I didn't think I was going to be able to continue this story....HOWEVER the end of the semester has come and I've been able to start writing again:)
I'm super excited for you guys to read my upcoming chapters! Thanks so much, and don't forget to vote and comment