The beginning of it all

"Have I ever told you that you were my best friend?" I croaked while tears blurred my vision.

"Im your only friend Iris" Micah chuckled but then quickly stopped after winching in pain. 

"I guess you win by default then " I shrugged causing him to smile a little. Today was my birthday and he's in so much pain. It's hard seeing him like this. It was a bitter sweet moment.

We were in the hospital because someone shot at him. Im just glad it was only a flesh wound. That was the scariest moment of my life.

We made small talk while waiting on the doctor to come in so that we could go. I couldn't help but wonder who would want Micah dead. He never did anything to anyone. He didn't deserve this. Before I could speak there was a knock on the door. I guess I'll have to ask another time.

"Come in" I said in a soft voice expecting to see the doctor but instead was greeted by the police. 

"I don't fuck with pigs, I'll handle the shit myself" Micah said while putting on a mug. I knew Micah couldn't and wouldn't handle it. He knew nothing about the streets. I urged him to stop being stubborn before finally deciding to leave the room.

Before I could leave the room the police blocked the door. They quickly stopped me telling me I had to stay and that I was not only a witness but also the target.   

------------------
A/N
This was part was meant to be short the other chapters will be longer.
Vote! ★
Comment! 💭  
Tell friends to read! 💬👥
And add to reading list! 📚