Chapter 2 🔸 Smile

Enjoy!
🔸🔸🔸

Last night After the soul-shattering encounter with Jackson, I went to meet my only friend in all this chaos. The pack healer, Owen Wilson. He was barely my friend.. we were more acquaintances. He helped me. That was the difference. That is why I cherish him so. Because he helps me. I know this is his duty but.. he fixes me when no one does, makes me feel at one with myself after daily beatings. And all he asks for is one thing.

My smile.

But a smile is never shown. I cannot muster up a smile in all this misery. Why smile when there's nothing to smile for. He every time I leave his office he speaks softly to me.

'Smile, it intimidates those who wish to destroy you'

And every day I give him the same response. A small weak smile while saying,

'There's nothing left to destroy'

Owen told me I had suffered the breakage of several ribs causing them to poke into my lungs, restricting my breathing. 
He never asked about my arm.
He just looked at me with heartfelt pity, knowing who was capable of all this damage.

Owen always wanted to help. Always. Many restless nights and many agonising injuries he had cured. But he never helped me escape. How can I escape when he has the pack land guarded so tightly. Restricting enemies from attacking.

Owen led through the bustling hallway into a room which contained a small bed, with white sheets and a fluffy pillow. I've never been given the privilege of a pillow, so this was a special occasion for me.

Limping towards the bed, I hauled myself up using the help of Owen, not saying a word.  My hair shielded around me like curtains.

'Alexandra .. ' he started, looking down and hesitating from what he was about to say. I looked up meekly and waited.

'I.. I'm so sorry..' he gasped out, tears leaking out his mossy green eyes. He raised his hand and out of instinct I closed my eyes and readied myself for the pain, the thought of losing my only friend scared me so much, I closed my eyes and readied myself to embrace the pain, tears already leaking out my hazel eyes.

But nothing came.

I opened my eyes to see Owen wearing a distraught expression followed by anger and then sadness.
All of a sudden Owen stood up and stood tall, his posture rigid and his expression determined.

'Alexandra, I promise you, I vow to you, I will help you get away from this tortuous misery. I swear, I will get you out, even if it may kill me.'

I stared at him, mouth slightly parted, tears falling freely as I collided myself with his body. I hugged him like my life depended on it.
'T-Thank You s-so much' I whispered, my voice hoarse from screaming last night.

Owen smiled and returned me to the bed. 'Get a good rest Alexandra, I promise you, I'll get you out.'
He said caressing my bruised cheek.

And then walked away, closing the door shut.

And finally, after months of insomnia, I fell into a deep dreamless sleep.

----
I Abruptly awoke when a loud crash echoed through my ears and smoke wafted under my nose, my eyes widened at what I saw, crimson. Walls were Broken, fire was out of control, bodies lay stacked over each other and covered the once green field outside like a blanket. Screams bouncing around the building, babies crying, complete chaos.

I rushed out of the bed as my bones had slightly healed, although not as fast as they should have and ran through the door when suddenly I slipped and slammed my head on the wooden floor boards. Groaning,  I turned to my side to get up, when suddenly, I came face to face with moss green eyes. The very same eyes that looked at me with sorrow, the same eyes that helped me through agony, the same eyes which promised to protect me.

Lifeless.

Only then I realised what I was looking at and let out an ear-splitting scream. I stood up and realised that I had slipped on a red substance. Blood.
Owens Blood.

Sobs wracked my body as I backed up against the wall, my eyes never leaving Owens decapitated head.

All of a sudden, I heard voices running through the hallway. Voices which do not belong to my pack. Stifling my sobs and cries I ran towards the back of the clinic towards the fire exit and halted in my steps.

There were two men standing in front of me. The sheer size of them was massive, it can only be compared with a mammoth. Head to toes covered in black with blades they stood. Both had dark eyes and dark brown, almost black hair, although one of them had a buzz cut and the other had floppy hair.

Both giants let out a sickening chuckle. 'Well, well, well, lookie what we have here' buzz cut sneered nudging the other.

'P-please, I-I don't.... S-stay Away'I whisper, barely able to hear myself, wondering how they heard me. 'Aww look, D,  she's scared' he cooed with a sly smirk protruding on his face.

I slowly started backing away, terrified of my upcoming fate. But 'D' seemed to understand what I was trying to do. His dark orbs skimmed over my bony pale figure and something flashed in his eyes too quick to decipher. 'Burton' He spoke in a monotone voice, eyes not once leaving mine. Burton looked towards him. 'Get her' and with that, he walked off.

Leaving me with a snarling mammoth sized human.

---
:)
Vote/Comment/Share

-TazZ🐮