Birthday Surprise!

I have seen many stories of Asami's birthday, but not Korra's. Here it is. It is set about 4 years after the Last Stand.
Asami POV:
I am so excited!! Korra's  birthday is in three days. I'm planing a surprise party for her. And she has no idea.
Korra POV:
I know Asami wants to celebrate my birthday but I don't celebrate it because it is also The anniversary Aang's death. Tenzin gets a little down at this time of year. So what I do instead of a party, I go sailing in my canoe( see image above) and return to Air Temple Island by dawn.  I am setting up sail when Ikki comes over and asks " Korra why don't we ever celebrate your birthday?"
I sigh "It kinda makes Your dad a little sad."  She asks if it had to do with Aang. I nod at her, " Yes among other things."
Ikki says " Well, Asami has a big celebration planned for you. What are you going to do?"
I decided to let come what may and go to the party.
Time lapse
I arrive at the Sato Estate where Asami and I live. I moved in for two reasons. One, Air Temple Island is busy and loud with all of the new airbenders. I can't even find a place to relax or meditate alone. Two, I wanted to spend more time with Asami, but with our hectic work schedule we almost never see each other during the day ( except when I come to her work and bug her into stopping for lunch) so by moving in with her it's a win win situation for both of us. I finally make it back to the mansion and noticed the lights were off, I shake my head and thought. Man I hope Sami didn't go completely overboard planning this surprise party. I open the front door and enter the kitchen. I count to myself. Three, two, one. The lights come on and everybody screams out " Happy Birthday Korra!!!"
It was so loud I winced in pain as my eardrums start ringing " Can you be any louder I think there are some people in the Fire Nation that didn't hear you." I say sarcastically.
I see that Bolin, Mako, Opal, Tenzin and his family including his brother and sister, Lin,Su, and of course Asami. Asami walks over to me and giggles "Surprise?"
I give her a look " Let me guess, you were wanting to celebrate my birthday, so you asked I assume it was Ikki, told you when it was. Right?"
She smirked " Well almost, Ikki did tell me and well I wanted to surprise you. "
I chuckle " For the record, Ikki can't keep a secret that well."
"I can too!!" Ikki yells. " I didn't tell you about the hmmph " Jinora slaps her hand over Ikki's mouth. I raise my eyebrow and turned back to Asami.
" Well, I think it's time for cake" She leads everyone into the Dining room. Asami pulls me to the side and asks me, "What were you doing before you came home tonight? Ikki said you were over at the Temple docks."
I scratched the back of my head and sheepishly laughed , " I was going sailing around until tomorrow morning." She is wanting to ask me why but before she can. " I'll tell you later, right now let's just enjoy the party."  We go and join the others for cake.
Time lapse
I'm in Asami's , well our bedroom, lounging on the bed wait for Asami. She leaves the master bathroom wearing her favorite red silk nightgown, I sit up on the bed, Asami smiles at me and hands me a plain brown box saying " Happy birthday sweetie." She kiss me on the head as I open the gift. Inside was a picture of all of the new Team Avatar , or as Rohan dubbed us the Krew, a couple of weeks after we defeated Kuvira which happened four years ago.
I kiss her on the cheek ," I love it! Thank you for the best birthday I have ever had!" She gives me a confused look and I explain," I don't exactly have the best track record when comes to birthdays. Almost anything bad that has ever happened has happened on my birthday. Like my grandparents passing away for example." I set the picture on the nightstand. Asami wraps her arms around me and hugs me tight.
" I glad to have helped make your birthday a good memory and it will be like that for a long time. I hope that it will anyway." Asami says as she nuzzles her face into my neck.
I hug her back with equal force as she starts humming a tune. I don't know what it is, so I ask her. " Sami what's that tune your always humming?"
Asami sits down on the bed and I follow in suit. She starts weaving her hands through my semi-short hair. " Oh, that tune is a lullaby my mother always sang to me every night. I don't remember the words, but I remember the tune."
"Well it is very pretty and very soothing. I might just fall asleep right here." I tell her as I snuggle into her chest and let out a tired sigh. Slowly I drift off to sleep.
Asami's POV:
I watch Korra drift off to sleep, I smile as pick her up enough to get her under the covers. I move a few strands of hair out of her face and kiss her on the head as I move over to my side of the bed.
One thing I learned about Korra over the years is that she is someone who like to cuddle and be cuddled. She's does this unconsciously, so when I finally do get into bed, she will snuggle into my neck and wrap her arms around my waist tightly. I like to think it's her way of protecting me as we sleep. I kiss her forehead one last time and whisper to her, " Happy birthday Korra. I love you."  With this I to slowly drift off to sleep too.

Hey guys sorry for taking so long to post. School is in session so less than frequent updates will be the norm. Any suggestions , comments or ideas for oneshots are welcomed!!