Chapter 19: Dance to the Rythm of the Night

Start from the beginning

Sebastian entered the vast kitchen, bare of all servants; they must have gone out to prepare for the ball. Sitting the supplies down on the counter he rolled up his sleeves ready to go.

“This is a wondrous kitchen is it not?” That’s right I forgot about Agni, he is using this kitchen as well.

“I suppose it is, now what will-.” A flash of pink out of the corner of his eye caught his attention, was there another lady in the house? He glanced through the open door of the kitchen, there was nothing there. Odd, I could have sworn I saw something, I suppose I was wrong. But the scent of vanilla and roses was even stronger.

_______________________________________________________________

Why did Sebastian have to show up every time I put on a dress? Is there something saying that I live to criticized by Obsessive Compulsive, Grumpy Bum Butlers? If he finds out I’m here he’ll lecture me for sure and that’s at the very least. I don’t want to think about what the worst might be…

Thank God she was currently barefoot, if not she may not have been able to hide in time. It pays to be slightly unladylike at times and not wear shoes, at least those shoes…. Quietly she slid out from behind the suit of armor she had hidden behind, tip-toeing back towards the stairs.

“Kat, what are you doing?”

Kat jumped, whirling about to see a slightly confused but grinning Lizzie, “I was just-”

Lizzie grabbed her hand, “Never mind, come with me, Sebastian and Ciel just arrived, we have three hours to finish getting both you and me ready, it’s going to be tight time window, but I think we can do it!”

____________________________________________________________________

“Please do not look so stiff sir, it does not become you. After all you are the one who wished to attend are you not?” Sebastian stood by the Earl’s side, content in the fact that so far his curry bun was the most popular among the guests. Making it smaller and more bite sized was a good idea then, it took more time but I believe it was a worthy idea…

Ciel grunted, “Where is Lizzie anyway, I would like things to begin.”

“Begin sir? Why the party has already started.”

“Ciel! This is the most amazing party I have ever been to! I have never seen such a sight as this!” Prince Soma appeared at Sebastian’s elbow, Agni not far behind. The Indian butler smiled, somewhat apologetically, “Forgive my master, he has never attended a ball before.”

“No I haven’t. Ciel teach me, what do I do at a ball?” He blinked in expectation at the younger boy.

This is the reason I think humans are fools…”You dance my lord Prince. You find a willing lady and then ask her to dance.”

Soma’s eyes brightened, “Really is that all? Then I shall find a girl to dance with,”He turned to scan the crowd of mingling nobles behind him, “How do I know which one I should dance with?”

“You will just know, Prince Soma.” Sebastian bit the inside of his cheek to keep from grinding his teeth in irritation; the Prince could be very annoying.

“I see her!” Soma exclaimed, “I see the lady that will have the honor of dancing with me! But…she is dancing with someone else…”

There was a hush in the room as a young woman with ebony hair was led onto the dance floor by a young dark haired noble. She wore a pale pink gown that would at first glance appear simple in design but on closer inspection was quite elegant and beautiful. A single long white plume rose out of her hair like a crest, making her stand out.