Chapter One

In my more younger and nimbler days, my father to always see the best in people. When I arrived east, I wanted to get into the bond business, so my father agreed to finance me for one year for my new job as a bond man. The next thing I had to worry about is finding somewhere to live, being in new York this was not easy to do, after half a day, I found a small forgotten grounds keeper shack squeezed among the newly rich. I had recently purchased 20 volumes of credit history and investment, I would of spend the whole summer studying I'd weren't for riotous amusements that beckoned around me, men and women playing on the beach, it was overall and interesting welcome, as I sat on the porch to read, I had an uneasy feeling that a man that I had not yet know was watching me from behind the gates of  that colossal castle. Now that I think of it the summer really began the night I drove over to my cousin daisy's house who lived across the bay, in West Egg. Her husband is aire to one of the most wealthiest family's in the mid-week,  his name was Tom bucanon, we attended yale together when I was pursuing my Writing career, he was standing on the porch waiting for me.
"Shakespeare!" Called Tom
"Hello Tom, my old friend" I said
"How's the writing career going?" Asked Tom
"I'm selling bonds with Walter case's outfit now" I explained
As we walked though the massive marble halls, Tom was going on about how he had made the all-American football team, before I was aware of my surroundings there was a football heading straight towards me, with quick reflexes I was able to catch the ball, I began looking at the details on the ball Tom began to charge at me and knocked me straight though a pair of double doors. As I looked around and rose from the ground ther were white curtains blowing all around me, as I was steadying from the tackle I noticed two people siting on the sofa, one was my cousin, but the other I was unfamiliar of who she was.
"Is that you my dearest?" Said daisy
"Why yes" I said as I stepped towards the sofa, I felt daisy take my hand and pull me on to her then onto the floor.
As I stood up I got a full look at the second person, daisy begun to introduce us.
"Nick, this is a close friend of mine, Ms Jordan baker, she's a famous golfer" explained daisy.
As I went to shake her hand, she stood up off the couch revealing how tall she really was.
I've been laying on that sofa for as long as I can remember "Jordan said"
"Your lucky, this summer I'm going to fling you two into linen cupboards and out to sea in boats" stated daisy.
"I'm not listening to a word!" Boomed Jordan.
As Jordan finished her sentence Tom entered the room stating that dinner was being served, followed by several people rolling trays of food. As we sat by the dinner table, we all started sharing secrets about pretty much everything from the butlers nose to the rumor that I was getting married to a girl out west. I denied these false rumors. As dinner finished the telephone rang and Tom disappeared to answer it. Soon daisy followed and she shut the door. It was at this point when ms baker and I continued to talk, it was at this pointed where she said words that I would not soon forget.
"So you live in West Egg,  I know somebody over there" exclaimed Jordan
" really?, I don't know a single person there" I stated
" oh, you must know gatsby" explained Jordan
It became apparent that daisy and Tom were waiting behind us and as soon as Jordan had said gatsby her face had turned completely around.
"Gatsby?, what gatsby?" Asked daisy.
As the night drew to a close, daisy and I went out side to the front porch and we talked for a while.
" So I suppose your daughter, she eats and talks and evert hung doesn't she?" I asked
I could tell that the night had shaken daisy up when she was only responding with small words.
"Yes" stated daisy.
"Do you know what happened when I gave birth?, I asked the doctor if it was a boy or a girl, and she said it was a girl and I wept, I was glad it was a girl, because in this world the best a girl can be is a beautiful little fool. I also didn't have a nice time nick, when I was in labour Tom was God knows where with God know who" explained daisy
"What do you mean with God knows who?" I asked
" my husband isn't very trustworthy if you know what I mean, I've been told he has another women in new York" daisy said.
At this point Tom had come out to see if I needed a ride home I just said I will take a cab.