From his sparkling, cerulean eyes that seemed to swim with thoughts and memories to the opulent, mauve robe that was draped around his shoulders, Dumbledore was figure in Reyna's life that always seemed to astonish her. And, in the end, it was one of the main reasons Reyna and Remus had the chance to be here today.

"BLACK, SIRIUS?"

A split second passed over the group as they wondered, starting to panic, about the missing wizard, but, finally, a black haired boy sauntered over to the hat, satisfied he had got everyone's attention.

show off

The hat barely rested on his head a second before declaring "GRYFFINDOR!" Sirius blinked in shock for a second before continuing his strut to the Gryffindor table, smirking at Reyna's disapproval.

I thought he'd be a Slytherin for sure.

The hat drawled out other names, sorting them into their respective houses with ease before turning to Emerson, Lyra, the girl she met in the train.

"An interesting mix we have here but where to put you, where to put you...An interesting mix indeed,"

The sorting hat muttered something else under it's breath, growing increasingly softer and quieter so that only Lyra could properly hear. The hall was plunged into a deathly silence as dozens of ears strained to hear the conversation.

"... and yet.. you're mostly...HUFFLEPUFF!"

Oh thank god.

Reyna let out a breath she didn't realise she was holding; now whatever the sorting hat decided to put her in, she would have a friend nearby. After all, for the past seven centuries the Lupins had been in either Hufflepuff or Gryffindor.

Another couple Ravenclaws and Slytherins were sorted accordingly before the Sorting Hat announced another name that caught Reyna's attention, Halley Lovegood.

Where have I heard that before?

Probably another Ministry witch, although she didn't seem like a government type. Too...eccentric.

Halley was swiftly sorted into Ravenclaw and Reyna lost focus once again, diving into the concussion of thoughts that were bouncing off her head. She was soon startled out of her daydream, however, by another name she knew very well.

"Lupin,"

Oh no, oh no, not yet.

"Remus."

Of course, he would have to go first. Thank god.

"Ah, another interesting combination. You would easily fit into Ravenclaw, my boy, that's clear, although perhaps you have more of a Hufflepuffs demeanour? Definitely not Slytherin, that's for sure, but you might have an aptitude for Gryffindor too. What do you think, boy?"

The hat fell silent again before roaring, rather proudly in Reyna's opinion, alive again-

"GRYFFINDOR IT IS!"

Huh. I thought he'd a be a Hufflepuff. Wrong twice in a row. Probably why I'm not a withered, old hat.

"Lupin, Reyna," called out the sorting hat.

Oh god, oh god.

"Ah a twin, how curious. You too would be perfect in Gryffindor, I think, or perhaps Hufflepuff would suit you better..."

Yes, yes, Gryffindor or Hufflepuff, that's good

"Maybe not Ravenclaw, though you'd find plenty of friends there, that's for sure, but Slytherin, you'd do well there too."

No, neither of those

"I can hear your thoughts dearie, but I think Slytherin would be great for you, it'd take you far. Either that or Gryffindor, that'll be good for you too..."

Gryffindor, please, like Remus and Sirius

"No, no, perhaps not, for you I think, SLYTHERIN!"

Slytherin.
Great.