The Upcoming Quidditch Match

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter. I own nothing.

A/N: I know Chapter 1 was probably confusing. I am working on making my chapters less scattered. Anyway, enjoy.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Being the captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team, Draco Malfoy had a practice planned right after dinner. He was working on a play that would grantee points for their team. The play would also not allow cheating. In the previous years the Slytherins would always cheat their way to the championship. This year, Draco wanted to leave a mark on Hogwarts with a shiny trophy with his name as captain and winning the House Cup.

The upcoming game against Gryffindor didn't declare who would be playing in the championships. But since they were Slytherin's enemy it would be a great opportunity to rub it in their faces.

While walking down the corridor, Ron Weasley was spotted walking the other way. They had practice after the Slytherins.

How does Granger put up with that cheater? Well, she doesn't have to worry for long since I will soon have that job. Stupid Weasel.

"Ready to lose on Saturday, Weasel?"

"Lose? Don't you mean win." Ron snickered.

"With our new plays, you and your weaklings don't stand a chance. Oh wait, your not smart enough to be captain. I should have said Pot Head and his weaklings."

"Harry is going to catch the snitch during the match, not you."

"I beg to differ." Draco suddenly had a smirk on his face.

"Wanna bet?"

At the time, this seemed like a good idea to Ron but soon he will find consequences.

"Why not, what do I have to lose compared to you?"

"If Gryffindor wins then I get your new broomstick plus twenty gallons."

"Okay, and if Slytherin wins, I get to take your girl, Granger, on a date whenever I want. Oh and I get to celebrate every Holiday with her and lastly, I get to take her to any dance I want."

Ron didn't take a second to think but quickly replied.

"Deal."

"Deal."

They walked to their destinations without another word. Draco was going to practice harder than ever. He was finally going to make Weasel regret ever messing with him. Although that's not the only reason he wanted to win.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just leaving the library to meet up for patrolling with Malfoy, the Gryffindor Quidditch team was walking to practice when Ron walked up to her for a quick smooch.

"Have fun at practice,Ron." Hermione announced.

"I will, good luck with Malfoy, sweetie."

Ron continued down the corridor with his team. He didn't say anything about the bet. Ginny then came up to her.

"We need to talk after your patrolling session and my practice."

"Okay?" Hermione was very confused. Was she going to ask more questions about Malfoy?

Ginny ran to catch up with her team. A finger tapped her shoulder making her jump. She turned her heel to see, of course, Malfoy.

"Do you have to scare me?"

"No but seeing you blush is adorable."

Hermione started to blush. Why was he trying to flirt with her?

"Stop it Malfoy. Why are you flirting with me." she announced proudly.

"Who said I was flirting. Now lets start our patrol so then it can get over quickly. I don't what to be tired for the big game tomorrow."

Hermione knew she had to talk to him about what happen while leaving Potions.
She finally blurted out to him.

"Why did you grab my hand today?"

Draco was surprised by her question.

"I..I don't know to be honest. I know I could have just said your name but... you know it was just my reflects I guess."

He was so cute when he got nervous. Wait! Stop it Hermione, you can't be thinking this way about him. Ugh!

"Okay, just wondering. Oh, I didn't tell anyone by the way."

"Really? I am surprised since you can't keep your mouth shut sometimes."

She quickly snapped at him. "I can keep my mouth shut for you information, ferret."

"I said sometimes not all the time, for your information."

Their patrol came to an end when they reached their starting spot. They walked back to their common rooms without saying a word to one another.

Why is he so tricky to read? Going from mean to nice ? I don't even know what to think about Malfoy. Oh, and he goes from being honest to lying. He only stutters when he isn't positive about something. This is why I stay with my books and studies.

"Password?"

She didn't even notice that she made it back to the fat lady Gryffindor portrait. Seeing her never got old.

"Unity"

"Okay. Have a good one dear."

"Thanks."

Hermione walked right passed the common room fire place and up the stairs to the girl's dorm. When she walked in she saw Ginny, sitting on her bed looking very excited. Hermione took a seat next to her.

"Guess what I saw today?" Ginny spat out.

"What"

"When you left the Great Hall today I saw Malfoy looking at you leave."

Hermione sat there expression less. She didn't know what to say or what to do. She started to feel sick.

"Hermione? Hello? Are you all right? You don't look to good."

"Ginny, I have to tell you something. Don't tell Harry, Ron or even Blasie. Can I trust you?"

Ginny turned her body to face her best friend. She then nodded being ready to here her secret.

"Draco grabbed my hand today. And when I asked him about it during patrol, he stuttered. That usually means he isn't sure, right?"

"If you ask me, I say that he was lying. Do you remember when I said I think he likes you?"

Hermione nodded her head, not looking at Ginny.

"Well?"

"I can't imagine him liking me! We are enemies. This is why I hate drama about boys."

"I agree. Well, I'm off to bed. If you ever need to talk just come find me. Oh, and you can trust me I won't tell anyone."

"Thanks Gin."

"No problem"

They said goodnight and Ginny went to her own bed falling asleep as soon as she hit her pillow. Hermione laid down in her own and feel asleep, dreaming about Malfoy.