A Favor

Marceline's P O V

“You are gorgeous absolutely, might I add” I heard a very familiar voice whisper behind me . . . 

I chuckled at the situation, I already knew who it was. I turned around to face him.

"Yunno, I never got your name?" he smiled.

Shouldn't you be working?

"I know I'm a waiter but I don't have to be everybody's waiter, just yours if you're interested?" he winked.

Smooth, I like that.

"Say, you're too beautiful to be here on your own, where's you mate?" he asked.

You ask way too many questions, I said as I slowly walked up to him. He stood up straight and suddenly got nervous.

What's wrong? I asked flirtatiously.

"N-Nothing, I'm just- you're doing; I-" I stopped him.

Shh, you talk to much

"I'm sorry, should I stop?" he asked nervously and anxiously.

It was kinda fun and kinda weird that I had such effect on one guy but I could read him already. He just wants a quickie, I'm not up for that. Hell, I'm not sure if I'm even up for a serious relationship.

You can do whatever you want but before you do, my name is Marceline.

"Oi, mate! Table one needs water" a man shouted for him.

 Looks like you're busy, see you around, I said as I cat-walked away from him. I turned my head only slightly to give him a side-smile and boy was he melting. He must think I like him, bastard. I promised myself I wouldn't fall for another guy like him, ever.

I walked around to find Bridget but instead I bumped into the Birthday Boy, Sam.

Hey Sam, Happy Birthday! 

"O-oh h-hey Marceline, thanks!" he seemed nervous.

I left you your present next to Bridget's, I hope you like it. Have you thought of wearing a tux more often? I asked, chuckling.

"Umm . . . Marceline-" Sam started 

"Hello Marceline", interrupted a guy.

Sam stepped aside so I could see who greeted me.

My eyes widen . . . "Hello . . . *gulp* Maz" my voice quivered.

"I gotta go" Sam chimed in. I wanted to hold Sam back but I was too busy just looking at him.

He looked different. Too different. Extremely different. He had muscles; huge ones! Well not huge-HUGE but they're much more toned. He no longer had lip piercings and from what I can see, he has now a tattoo that stains his neck. He's taller, he just doesn't look like the Maz that left me in the hospital. His hair is still the same but his stare is no longer there . . .

Maz's P O V

She spoke! She didn't shout, ran or walked away . . . she stood her ground and spoke.

She looks different. Too different. Extremely different. Her hair is longer and maybe darker than before. She either covered the tattoo that we got when we were together or she removed it. She's become even curvier than before, no not fat, curvy. She was curvy then but I guess she still works out; progress shows. She looks tall but that's because she's wearing heels but I've never seen her in a dress before; that's new. Her looks are somewhat the same but her stare is no longer there. . .