Chapter 9 ~ Christmas Bleeding

Start from the beginning

***

Erik's POV.

I walked over to the mirror where it leads to the dressing room where Maddy was done getting ready. I saw through the mirror & saw Maddy sitting on the stool, fixing her hair; I reached over to the handle when someone opened the door.

A man with blond hair came into the room, & Maddy just lets him in! "How could she?" The man handed her a big flower bouquet. I looked down to see my puny rose with a black ribbon tied around it.

"So I was thinking maybe after the show you & I can go to dinner, maybe even see a movie if you're free tonight?" Maddy's face was speechless, she looked down at the flowers, then back at the man & said.

"Sure I would love to go to dinner with you." My heart was being slowly being ripped into tiny piece.

"Great I'll pick you up at the entrance." The man headed out the door, but stopped, looked behind him, walks back in. "Oh & one last thing."

"What?" said Maddy. The man came close to Maddy's face, & pressed his lips onto her's. The heart dropped to the bottom of my stomach. Anger raised in me, I looked down at the rose, ripped it into pieces, threw it on the ground, stomped it, & headed back to my lair.

When I got back to my lair my fist balled up in anger. My entire body began to shake as hot tears rolled down my cheeks.

An aching sensation filled my chest. I searched the room, my mind was growing crazy. My gaze stopped on my bed, remembering how Maddy & I cuddle in each others arms.

Infuriated, I ripped off the lace curtain along with the blue velvet sheets, throwing them in the lake. Next, I took my poems about how much I loved Maddy. I ripped my piece by piece & threw them on the ground while I stomped the shredded paper. I kicked the candelabras down & crumbled all the paintings of Maddy. The room was disaster by the time I raged through everything I could find.

"How could Maddy do that to me? The way we kissed & unsifted each other into our arms. It all seemed real. Who would love a pathetic man like myself. Christine never loved me. How did I not expect Maddy too?"

But things weren't going to stay this way. "It was all a game for Maddy, right? Wrong." Maddy was about to realize how serious this all was. How serious it was to cross The Phantom of the Opera!!!

I walked to the mirror & stared at the man reflected on it. Half his face stand looking at him. I disgusted myself.

I thrust my fist on the mirror, shattering it. Piece of glass cut through my leather gloved to my skin, sending blood to run down my hand.

I wasn't about to let Maddy & her lover get away that easily. I angrily stomped my way to my desk where I had a bottle of liquors, & I drunk the entire night.

***

Maddy's POV.

My head swam with horrifying images of Erik killing people I cared about, & then kill me. And me facing him. "How am I suppose to face him when I tell him the Mason kissed me?" I winced, passing back & forth.

I walked over to the middle of the stand, still troubled by what's gonna happen when I tell. I have to tell him or else he'll find out & be heart broken. As my mom always say it's better to tell them in person then letting them finding it out on their own, & be upset.

"Meg, sweet Meg." I turned my head to Steve who was playing Bruce.

"B-Bruce? What do you want?"