Weird And Wonderful Competitions Entry - Tea

minusfractions

I look over to the man, irritated, "Can you be quiet, just for once. I mean I'm trying to drink this divine tea I found in the cupboard in your kitchen and you can't stop groaning and trying to yell at me through the gag."

I roll my eyes, "Look, are you going to tell me where the man is or do I have to put another bullet through your leg?"

I relax back into the kitchen chair as he stays defiant and pull out my gun placing the cold metal to his temple, "Tell. Me. Or this time the bullet goes through your skull." I'm perfectly calm in this particular situation. A man bound by thick rope is sitting in the bath tub of his own house that is currently ransacked, with blood still pouring from his nose and multiple gashes on his face. Bruises cover his broken body and several bullets are buried into his legs and arms. A couple of hours ago I broke into this drug dealers' house to find information on his boss who killed my mother. I take another sip of my tea, relaxed into the comfy chair I had dragged into the bathroom, most likely paid with drug money and my face twists into a scowl.

This disgusting man has indirectly killed so many men, women and children and here he is: pathetic, beaten by a woman out for revenge. This is the sixth man I've been to who hasn't given up any information. The sixth man I will have to kill for this cause. I sip my tea.

He sighs in defeat and nods his head. I grin at him, "I'm so glad you're being compliant!" I untie the gag and lean back again allowing him to speak, my gun still by my side, "So?" I gesture for him to go on.

He purses his lips and stares up at me with hate clear in his eyes, "He's in an abandoned warehouse out of town. Geraldton Street. He's got a lot of guards with him and-" I tune out as he rambles on. I've heard all I need to hear.

I sometimes wonder what my mother would think of me, a killer. But then I remind myself that she is dead, died before she died physically from the drugs that took not only her life but her sanity as well. I realise the man has stopped talking and I take a sip of the calming tea. My mother always loved tea. That was before her sanity was ripped away. After that I think she could barely taste anything, but I guess the sense of familiarity helped for a bit. I'm here to avenge my mother and avenge I will. I look the man right in his eyes - eyes filled with terror and allow a cruel smile to grace my lips, "Good bye Alexio. See you in hell."

I pull the trigger as I sip my tea.

*****

I look down from the roof into the warehouse. The man wasn't lying, there were a lot of guards, but let's just say they're not going to be alerting anyone anytime soon. I know myself that I'm not coming out of here alive. I've known it all along. From the day I decided to kill Antonio Lorenzo, my mother's murderer. He sold her drugs for years until she finally passed out and didn't wake up. My father had left us when I was just a child so my mother was all I had, but I will be with her soon and we will have those tea parties we used to have when she was well. After my mother's death tea became a huge part of me coping. Something I could go to to reminded me of her and the good times we had.

I look down from the roof with determination shining in my eyes. I will kill him and then I will die and hopefully see my mother on the other side. I can see him. He's right there, sitting down with his men playing poker and drinking tea. I almost laugh at the irony as I pull out my rifle and attach the scope to the front, laying flat on the roof. I settle into position and look with one eye into the scope, finding my target and smiling sinisterly as I do. I hover my finger over the trigger.

And pull it for the second time today.

I sigh in relief, my tense shoulders relaxing. My quest for revenge is over. I smile a true smile for the first time in years and roll over to look up at the stars, ignoring the commotion below, the shouting and the yelling. As I lay on the roof, staring at the night sky I pull out a handgun and place it to my temple, "I'm coming mother."

I pull the trigger for the last time.

🎉 Du hast Weird And Wonderful Competitions Entry - Revenge With A Cup Of Tea fertig gelesen 🎉