Chapter 3: Confused

Start from the beginning

I was going to take a seat next to Bryan, ew I can't believe I just said that, but Kylie pushed me towards the seat next to Zach. I sat down next to Zach and Kylie next to Bryan. I feel bad for her she has to next to an asshole.

" Why are they sitting with us? " Bryan asked looking at me and Kylie then at Zach.

Why are you such an asshole? I wanted to say but I kept my mouth shut. Not wanting to start shit.

" Because I told them to sit with us," Zach answered Bryan. Then he looked over at me " Hey." He smiled.

"Hey." I smiled back.  

" Who's your friend?" Zach asked looking over at Kylie.

" I'm Kylie. Madelyn's best friend." Kylie said. How the f*ck does she do that? She makes it seem so easy.

" No one cares," Bryan muttered. I swear I'm going to f*cking rip his head off.

" No one asked you," Kylie looking over at Bryan. " And you must be Zach, Maddy has told me a lot about you. "

What the f*ck is she doing?! I could already feel my cheeks getting red. I'm going to f*cking kill her.

" All good things I hope. " Zach said looking over at me.

" I'm sorry, excuse my friend I have no clue what the f*ck she's talking about. " I said while glaring at Kylie. I swear if looks could kill, this bitch would be 6 feet under.

" Damn who knew she swears," Bryan said giving me a look. I just rolled my eyes.

" You don't have to apologize, I should be the one apologizing for my friends," Zach said looking at Bryan. " Shut the f*ck up Bryan. " Bryan just started laughing.

" Hello everyone my name is Ms.Bun and I will be your art teacher this year." She said walking into the class. She was really pretty. She was Asian and had long black hair. " This is going to be an easy and fun class hopefully. For your first assignment you have to paint something your passionate about or something that means a lot to you. So go ahead, get supplies and get started. "

" So what are you guys going to paint?" Kylie asked us.

" Football," The three boys said while I said " I don't know. "

The boys gave each other a look and started laughing.

" Boys," I muttered. I'm still confused as to why they're laughing but whatever.

" Okay. " Kylie said laughing a little.

" You're into football?" I asked Zach. I knew Alex and Bryan were, since they are on the football team, but I didn't know Zach was.

" Yea, " He said once he finished laughing.

" He's on the football team now," Alex said. " Thanks to me." Alex said while pushing Zach. " We told coach that he used to play for his high school back in California and coach was more than happy to let him be on the team. "

" We need more players since some of our star players went off to college, " Bryan said retaking his seat. He went to get us our painting supplies. He even brought some for me and Kylie. But this still doesn't change the fact that he's a f*cking asshole.

" Oh," I didn't really know what to say. " So Kylie what are you painting?" I asked trying to change the subject.

" Food. " she said being completely serious.

That's why she's my best friend.
---------------------------
" So what are you doing later?" Kylie asked getting into my car.

" Well I'm going to drop you off at your house," I said while starting the car and backing out of my parking spot. " then I'm going to head to the beach. "

As soon as I said that Kylie turned her head to face me. A look of concern on her face.

" I'm fine Kylie. "

" Are you sure?"

" Yes. You don't have to worry about me. I just... I just need some time to clear my head. " I looked over at her. She still looked worried. " Kylie I'm fine I promise. " I pulled into Kylie's driveway facing her.

" You promise?"

" Promise. "

" Okay. I'll see you tomorrow then. I love you. " she said getting out of my car.

" I love you too. " She shut the door and I backed out of her driveway. Starting my 40 minute drive to the beach

I finally got to the beach an hour and a half later, due to New York traffic. I parked my car close to the boardwalk and made my way to the beach.

The sun was setting as I my feet hit the sand. The beach was quiet and empty. Of course it's empty no one goes to the beach in September.

I walked towards the water letting it hit my feet. Being back here brought back so many memories. Unwanted memories. Yet it was calming in a way. Tears filled my eyes as I thought back to that day.

" Fuck," I said wiping away my tears. " I told myself I wasn't going to cry. "

Great, now I'm talking to myself. I took a seat on the sand watching the sunset. So many things running through my mind. Zach being one of them.

Back in middle school me and Zach were close. As I've already said a million times. He knew my family and I knew his. And of course the closer we got the more we got to know each other. He knew a lot about me and I knew a lot about him. I started to develop feelings for him after a while. He was the only person that would ever make an effort to talk to me. I never told him I liked him. I thought it was nothing and that I could move on and get past it. We were friends and I didn't want to ruin that. I later realized that it wasn't just nothing. I really liked Zach. He was the most genuine guy I knew. When I had no one he was there. And when I was sad he always knew how to make me laugh. I really really liked him. Then he moved and I had to move on, get over him. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would've been. But I did it, I moved on. Now he's back, and I can't help the feeling that I'm going to fall for him, again. I'm not even sure if I want to. Or that I've never really moved on and I was just telling myself I have. What if I still have feelings for him? F*ck. I'm so confused. I need to talk to Kylie. She knows that I liked Zach in middle school. She doesn't know that I still might have feelings for him or that I have a feeling I may for him again. But that's the thing I don't want to fall for him again. Or do I? Ugh, I don't know how I feel, I don't know what to do. I'm screwed.

I sat there for a couple more minutes then I got up brushing the sand off my butt. I walked towards the water again and just stood there watching the sun set completely. It was now dark. I walked back to the boardwalk and towards my car.

When I got in the car I slammed my head on the steering wheel. " F*ck."

You know, I came here thinking I could clear my mind, but I'm leaving here more confused than I was when I got here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well there's chapter 3. I hope you guys liked it. And once again I know it's not the best but I'm trying. If there are any typos or mistakes in sorry. Also I have school tomorrow.I don't want to go and I should be sleeping. Well if you guys liked it comment, vote and share. Not sure when I will update again but hopefully soon. Bye!
- Savannah🌻