Chapter 3

Jareth flew higher than the rest of the group. He and Toby had flown over more of the Labyrinth after their attack, but then found their ways into the kingdoms which Sarah owned. Toby and Jareth had won the city and castle when the leader of the goblins had been brought down. They had found three other owls; their names were Shebaan, Racco, and Talonclaw.

Shebaan was a brown and white owl, while Racco was red and white. Racco was a boy while Shebaan was a girl. But Racco was not the only boy in the group. Talonclaw, the other male of the group, had a black body and a pure white face, like and owl that had been born in front of an eclipse.

"Talonclaw, Racco, go and find a way to get through the wall to the aboveground," Jareth ordered to Talonclaw and Racco. "We need to find an easy way to get through. Our energy if very low and we need to find a way through to get there fast."

"Yes Commander Jareth," Racco was always saying things not like they were.

"Stop calling me that Racco! It is getting annoying!" Jareth screeched back to him, but when he looked back saying it, he bumped right into the wall separating the aboveground with the underground.

"Racco, your chinks! You could have killed me saying all those things!" Jareth shook his head, but as he did, he noticed his beak was bent all the way to the side! "RACCO! YOU DIDN'T!"

"Well, I am sorry Commander Bent Beak," Racco gave a little chuckle when he saw Jareth's beak.

"Vyourve vinks!" but just as he said that, his beak turned back to its normal position.

"You know your beak is back to normal now, right Jareth?" Talonclaw spoke up this time. Talonclaw rarely talked around anyone, but it seemed that he wanted to talk to Jareth, since Jareth was a royal.

"Please, wait, where is Toby and Shebaan?"

A Few Miles Back.... (Not anywhere close to their last stop, the stop before their last stop)

"Shebaan, where is the rest of the group?" Toby looked around the campsite where they had stopped once.

"I don't know. We just went hunting and then now, well, look. They are gone from camp!" Shebaan looked around the camp. She knew the group had to be somewhere around here.

"Well, looks like they aren't coming, so, why not?" Toby asked Shebaan.

"Of course, why not here? Let's do it, before the others get back to camp looking for us."

The two owls flew off toward the elf kingdoms.

A Few Miles Ahead (Where the rest of the owls are, bored and tired out of their minds, ready to fall asleep....)

"WHERE ARE THEY!?" Jareth screeched. "IF EVERYONE HAD BEEN WATCHING, THEN MAYBE WE WOULD NOT BE IN THIS MESS RIGHT NOW!"

"It is not our fault Jareth!" Racco stretched out her claws, ready to attack anyone who tried to calm her down.

"That's right, it's not isn't it!" Jareth looked at all the owls, his eyes full of fury and spite at the time. "It is their fault for not following and taking too long on that silly little hunting trip!"

All the owls ducked their heads when Jareth swooped past them, flying out of the forest and up into the sky. Everyone knew what he was going to do. He was going to fly through the wall.

"NO!" the rest of the group raced after him, beating their wings faster than ever.

All of a sudden, two young owls burst out of the bushes and into the sky after the group. It was Shebaan and Toby. They both looked at each other, and then smiled. They hooked their talons together and Shebaan flung Toby, not realizing that she was doing the Black Talon trick wrong. Toby screamed like a little school girl as he was flung up then by the force of gravity, flapped his wings as he fell down in the night sky.

"AHHH!" he screamed, but then realized that he was flying again. He let out a sigh of relief, only to burst back down when he let out the sigh. His wings had not been moving when he had sighed, so he fell into the bushes screaming once again like a little school girl.

By that time, Jareth was struggling to get through the wall, but bent his beak again.

"I'm good!" Toby said out loud when he landed in the bush, raising his wing up in the air.

"No! Not my beak again!" Jareth exclaimed as he flew down towards the rest of the group. Toby burst out of the bushes and right into Jareth, only to have them both screaming back down like little school girls, again. They fell into the tree and came bursting out of the branches, screaming still.