Chapter 2

Chapter 2

It's been a week and this virus is getting worse and worse. I thought that it was just zombies but i was wrong. It's a lot harder, you need to watch your back. These things are faster than cars. They aren't all the same. I mean they all look different. Some are beautiful and glow in the sun and some are just fucking ugly i could blow their heads off easy. I'm driving a blue and white bronco i stole. I keep my eyes glued to the road and i see a figure. I get closer and it's a guy with a gun waving for me to stop. I'm thinking whether to stop or not. I end up stopping. I make your the doors are locked and i roll the window down a smidge. He is so hot. "Are you bitten or anything?" i ask him.

He replies," no, just exhausted. Can you give me a ride?" 

"Okay. Get in," i say unlocking the passenger door.

"Thanks, what's your name?" He asks me.

"No problem, i'm Kate. What about you? What's your name?" I ask kinda annoyed.

"My name's Nathan," he says with a nice smile. i smile back and ask

"So, where are you headed?" He looked upset

"I'm not going anywhere, all of my family left me for dead. They took off one morning and totally forgot about me. I woke up and all their stuff was gone." He said trying to be tough. I felt so sorry for him, i didn't know what to say. I stopped the car and turned his face towards mine. 

" I don't know you that well but, you shouldn't worry about the past and what has happened you need to worry about your own survival. oh and because your in my car your with me, so you have me." i say trying to make him smile. i stared into his beautiful hazel eyes. i swear i was drowning in them. I could see that he was getting uncomfortable. "oh, sorry," i said smiling trying to cover my embarrassment. Just as i was about to put my hands on the steering wheel, i could hear what sounded like a stampeed of elephants or rhinos or something coming for behind us. I looked in my side mirrors and i could see hundreds of people sprinting towards us. "Holy Shit!" Nathan says as i'm driving off as fast as this piece of shit could go. They were getting closer and closer. Nathan kept his eyes on the mirrors and yelled," Hurry the fuck up!" i was trying to figure out what all these buttons were for. i forgot about the road and started going off the road. "Oii! Keep your eyes on the fucking road and drive faster!" He yelled pulling the wheel to his left. I turned my head to the road and said " Shit! Sorry!" At the corner of my eye i could see Nathan grabbing the side of the chair as if he were in pain. I put my foot on the accelerator and pushed until it was on the floor. "Are you alright?" I asked worriedly. He looked as if he was getting the hell stabbed out of him. "Hey! Answer me!" I yell at him. He doesn't answer. I was starting to get pissed. "Fucking answer me or i'll stop this car!" I yell angrily. I turn to look at him and it looks like the pain is going away. His is all red. "Are you going to answer me this time? Are you alright?"

"Uh...Oh yeah i'm fine." he says in pain.

"Then tell me what the fuck happened back there?" I said in a rush.

"Don't worry about it. I'll tell you later, now hurry up and drive faster!"

"Okay, jeeze don't need to get your penis in a twist," i say chuckling. He looks at me with a serious face. I turn to look at the road and smile and shake me head. 

"Do you have any weapons?" He asks me curiously.

"Check the back seat," I say smiling at him. He turns his head around and see the whole back seat and the floor covered with guns.

"Oh, mean! How did you get all of these?"

"I spent a few days walking and i found them in houses and most of them are from the police station, I open my eyes and look around something you should do," I say smiling.

Nathan looked at me and said sarcastically," Hahaha, your so funny!" He looks at the side mirror again there's nothing behind us." Okay, the coast is clear."

I look at the mirror and see nothing. i look around and i see nothing. Nothing! No buildings or anything." Where the fuck are we?" I ask looking around.

"I don't know!" He says . Off in the distance i see a house." Look over there." 

Nathan turns his head and says," yeah and what?" He's acting like a total asshole. 

"We can stay there for a few hours to rest."

"No! We have to stay on the road, keep driving!" he yells.

"No! I need a proper sleep okay? We are stopping!" I yell back. I turn off the road and drive to the house. It looks very sturdy. The walls are made of huge bricks. It's still dark like it has been for the past few weeks. I park the car and grab two hand guns and said,"Pick what you want to use."

"No, i'm fine with mine." We got out of the car and walked to the front door. Nathan opened it and walked in casually. I heard something and pulled Nathan's arm. He looked at me and said," What?" As he said that a zombie stood behind him so i pulled my gun up and Nathan pushed me back i hit the ground and i hit my head. I pulled my gun up and shot the zombie  6 times." Why the fuck did you push me down, you asshole?" I yelled at him.

" I thought you were going to shoot me!" He said lifting me head off the ground and helping me up. My head was hurting really bad. He picked my up and sat me on the couch. He went and checked the rest of the house. He came back and said," There's nothing in here and there's only one bed." He seemed happy about that." Okay, um. I need to sleep in the bed. where are you going to sleep?" I ask.

"Can i sleep in the bed to because my back i killing me." I knew that he would make up and excuse.

"I guess, but i don't want any funny business! Okay?"

"Okay, don't worry i won't do anything," He says. I try to get up and i get dizzy. Nathan rushes over and picks me up like i'm a feather. He carries me to the bedroom. He puts me on the bed and pulls the covers up to my waist and his hand accidentally touches my hip and he doesn't move his hand. He drags his hand up and kneels over me. I push him back and say," What the fuck are you doing? I don't even know you!"

"Oh Sorry, Um i got carried away. I don't know where my head is," He says getting off me and sitting on the other side of the bed.

"I think you should  sleep on the couch." i say looking at him. He looks at me then walks out.