I// WELCOME HOME

I hum in pleasure as the soothing warm cup of coffee glides down my throat with ease.
I step cautiously into the ARC, hearing the sirens going off like crazy.

"What the bloody hell?"

I cautiously walk over to Lester yelling about his office, the dracorex in there for some reason, tearing up a storm inside.

"So there was no where else it could go?" Lester asks, referring to the dragon like creature in his office.

"I was improvising" Matt says with a hint of a smile, Becker and Jess laughing along.

We look into the office, to see that the dracorex is roaring and complaining at the window clearly agitated.

"You know I'm sure there's a perfectly rational explanation for this" Lester says, looking at his phone, pissed off.
"Ummm, Jess?"

"Its was-" Jess starts, nodding her head, it obviously her fault, but Matt cuts her off.

"My fault James sorry. I was overseeing some maintenance at the menagerie, there was a problem with the air lock, dragon got spooked and bolted. Won't happen again"

"You know I could have been an ambassador to Moscow now, maybe even cabinet secretary, instead in watching a dinosaur trash my office" Lester says, as the Dracorex clearly demolishes his office, papers flying everywhere.
"Still. No regrets" he says with an upbeat tone in his voice, walking away.

"Becker's gonna tranq it. Shouldn't be long now" Matt says trying to calm a clearly upset Jess, as the office door opens and Becker walks in.

"Well isn't this quite the mess" I laugh, Matt and Jess looking at me with glum faces, my eyes still on Becker.

"Don't you think either one of you should help him?" Jess says quickly, clearly scared for Becker.

"What would be the fun in that" Matt says with a smile, myself laughing a little at his statement.

We all watch as Becker tranqs the dracorex, it's head falling back onto the glass and sliding down it slowly, tongue poking out.

"I'll have, uh, sleeping beauty moved to the menagerie" Becker says, walking over the the three of us, gun still in hand.

"Good work, meet me in the armoury in half an hour" Matt tells the captain as he begins to walk away.

"Why?"

"Haven't you heard? The EMDs have arrived" Jess tells him happily but he doesn't quite catch on.
"The electro muscular disruption weapons?"

"Oh yes, the toy guns" Becker replies cheekily.

"If the toy guns had been here this morning, this wouldn't've happened" Matt says actually walking away this time.

"Sweet" I mumble walking away with Jess towards the hub.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I walk into the armoury with Becker, Jess and Matt already in there with the EMDs.

"You're late" Matt says, leaning against a table, as he throws a gun at Becker.

"Oh excellent. Tasers" Becker groans sarcastically, catching the weapon.

"These are in a different league to any tasers you've used in the past. I wouldn't have designed them if it didn't work." Matt replies.

"You need to remember how many friends I've lost" Becker says as I look at the floor not wanting to see his face.
"I'm not going to risk any more lives playing with pea shooters" he spits out.