"See this heart?" Flowey began with a smile, sounding like he had rehearsed the upcoming tutorial many times before. As he spoke, a conglomerate of red, orange, and white appeared in the middle of the box. It looked nothing like a heart. "That is your so-" As he looked down at the box, Flowey's face twisted into one of confusion and awe and disgust all at once. "-s-soul..."

I looked on in confusion, not knowing what was wrong.

"It is the very culmination of your being!" he managed to continue. "Your soul starts off weak, but can grow strong if you gain a lot of LV. What's LV stand for? Why, LOVE of course!"

Wow, this really does sound rehearsed.

"You want some love, don't you? Don't worry, I'll share some with you!" He winked, and stuck out his tongue, only succeeding in making himself look stupid, rather than friendly and trustworthy.

"Down here, love is shared through... Little white... FRIENDLINESS PELLETS!" As he spoke, you guessed it, little white pellets appeared around Flowey, spinning at a crazy fast rate. "Are you ready? Move around! Get as many as you can!" he cheered, and the pellets began to fly towards my soul. Skeptical, I slowly moved towards one. When it made contact, a sharp pain raced through my body, and I instinctively moved to avoid the others. The number next to "HP" at the bottom decreased to "16/20". It seemed that that was my health count.

Flowey was clearly annoyed. His cheery tone became low and serious. "Hey buddy. You missed them. Let's try again, okay?"

I wasn't too happy myself. "Stop it!" I growled. The pellets came at me once again and I avoided them all.

"Is this a joke?" Flowey frowned, and eyebrows appeared to slant downward. "Are you braindead? RUN. INTO. THE. BULLETS!!" He shot them at me again, and I again dodged them, feeling the heat of anger flare up inside me.

"No!"

Then, a creepy, threatening expression came to Flowey's face. Hollow black eyes with white pinpricks of pupils replaced the simple block-shaped eyes, and a jagged grin that looked like something that might be carved into a jack-o-lantern replaced the wide happy smile.

Flowey began to back me against a wall, somehow uprooting himself to move. "You know what's going on here, don't you? You just wanted to see me suffer. But look at you. Look at that disaster of a soul! You're even more pathetic than that! It looks like a child glued together a bunch of pieces of broken china! Red for 'determination', orange for 'bravery'..." he spat out the words like poison. "...and white, the soul color of a monster... You don't belong here. You don't belong up there. You're just a mistake, a glitch in the system! Monster-human hybrids aren't supposed to exist! ... So let me fix that. This is how it's supposed to be. You fall. You're confused, and scared. I come to be your friend, to help you take your first steps into this new world." He leaned closer to me. "Then I kill you. Usually, I'd want your soul, but I'd probably be better off staying without a soul than with yours." He chuckled. "I wonder if it'll even last after your death... Let's find out, shall we? DIE!!!!!!!!!!"

He cackled and shrieked like a demented banshee, and a circle of bullets surrounded me, slowly beginning to close in. I barely noticed. I felt the rage bubbling up, and it became clear that I couldn't contain it. Filled with determination, I quickly transformed into a more humanoid wolf form, and began to lash out at Flowey with my claws, growling more viciously than before. Once he was nearly shredded to pieces, he spoke. "Wow... You're stronger than I thought... But your soul is still unstable. Human and monster souls aren't meant to be fused together. Surely you won't last long. If you do live, your soul will stay with you, but it will unravel. The very culmination of your being will unravel. There's a possibility you'll go insane. You could always hope for death though." He rasped. "Or, maybe we could work together! I could find a way to make it more stable, and you could help me get a soul of my own! Or a few... All you'd have to do is kill some people for me!" I had had enough of his shit. I tore him up out of the ground, and threw him far away. I collapsed on the ground, human again. That was A LOT for a little girl to hear in 10 minutes. I had no idea what to do about it, and I didn't entirely know what it all meant. I was scared and confused, and on the verge of breaking down and crying. But that reaction to Flowey, nearly killing him, I am proud of to this day. I still get pissed off whenever I think about that psycho daisy.

Apparently, I threw Flowey at something, because there was a cry of surprise followed by a fireball sending the evil plant flying even further away. The creature that made the sound soon made its way into my view. It was a goat woman, with white fur, two gray horns on top of her head, floppy ears that fell down to her shoulders, and soft purple eyes that matched her purple tunic. Although she looked anything but threatening, I tensed up and eyed her warily.

"Oh! Hello there, young one!" she yelped in surprise, seeing me sitting in front of her. "Did y-you? F-fight Flowey?..."

I nodded, still watching cautiously, still watching her carefully.

"Oh! You are v-very strong then, especially for a young child! W-well done!" she stammered, in disbelief. "What a terrible creature, torturing such a poor, innocent youth." She said in a calm, kind of comforting tone. She came over and sat down in front of me. "I am Toriel, caretaker of the Ruins. I pass through this place every day to see if anyone has fallen down. You are the first human to come here in a long time." She took one of my hands in one of her large, fluffy ones. I shied away. "Do not be afraid of me, my child. I only desire to help you." I looked up at her with my dark green eyes, and decided I could trust her. In them was a motherly tenderness that showed me her sincerity. "Come. I will guide you through the catacombs." I nodded, and we stood, leaving behind the darkness and the golden flowers.