"Farewell"

Musik oben, auf Wunsch von Lena

"And you'll stay? You won't just leave one day?" "Yes, I promise."

~

"Please don't... I don't wanna die!", the girl in her hands whimpered. "Do you really think I haven't heard those exact words times and times before?"

Her eyes shone red in the shadows of the dimly lit street, as blood dripped down from her victim's body.

The sound of someone landing near them echoed through the night and she could smell the presence of another ghoul. "Let her down."

"Touka... you know, this isn't your business."

"I've made it my job to keep peaceful ghouls like you from becoming the monsters they see in us.", Touka said. "However, I don't like repeating myself, nightshade."

"Well it's a shame I don't listen to you anymore now, is it?" She turned her head back to her victim and slowly opened her mouth, when a familiar voice made her stop in shock.

"Let her go, Kyoki."

After a moment of hesitation she threw the girl to Toukas feet, who immediately took her and left with a last look filled with disgrace.

"This only made me more certain of my choice.", the woman said as she stepped into the light of a street lamp.

"What do you mean, Yora?"

Yora clenched her fists to build up the strength needed to go on. "I'm going to the CCG." Kyokis eyes widened as she realized what her friend just said. "What? You-" "I'm developing an aversion against ghouls."

There was so much to say but yet, there was nothing. "Why?", Kyoki said quietly. There was no answer. She tried to withstand the pain as she spoke. "That means... we'll be enemies." There it was again. The coldness in her voice she managed to abandon since she was with her friend.

"I don't want to stand in your way or tell you what to do.", Yora said. "My way is yours, it has always been like that."

"I have become irrelevant for your life. I have to go my own way now." "What are you talking about? You're still important as my friend."

"I don't know... maybe humans and ghouls are not supposed to be friends." It hurt to say it, but Yora couldn't keep living, trying to ignore the truth. "You getting possesed by the hunger once is enough. I can't live on like this, never knowing if..."

"If what? If I'll attack you like the monster they think I am?" "Kyoki, I'm-" "No, you were the only one I was sure would stay no matter what. You accepted me more than others of my kind, as a human."

"I wish it wouldn't be like this, but I don't want to worry about my well-being anymore. You're worth so much to me, yet I have to understand that I am a human, not a ghoul. I'm not a apart of your world."

Yora turned to go away but Kyoki grabbed her by the hand. "But you always were! We were a wonder since the first time we met, because we made two worlds collide that are supposed to be apart, to be intertwined not by friendship but by a forever last war!"

"Times change and I am nothing but prey. I was just too fascinated to realize it.", Yora said as she stared at the wall. There was no way she could look at her friend right now.

"But we're different! Can't you see?!", Kyoki said and the ice in her voice broke, while a few tears ran down her cheek.

"And what's supposed to make us different?! Deep inside we are what we should've been all along; the hunter and its prey. We're just breaking the laws of our nature... but that won't last long. I don't want to be eaten by my friend one day, just because she lost control over herself."

"Do you really think I would kill you?!", her voice was getting louder and cut the surrounding silence like knives.

"It's only a matter of time, okay? How would I defend myself? I have to prevent my impotence." "And that's why you want to join the CCG? You're not just leaving me, you want to hunt and kill me!" "I'll leave you alone if you don't give me a reason to do otherwise.", Yora said as she tried to stay calm.

"The CCG doesn't need reasons. They kill without wasting a single thought about it." "So you think I won't be able to protect you? Thanks for all the trust..."

"I trusted you for years, now you're the one leaving." She stared at the floor, as the anger began to grow. "You know what? If I can't change your mind, just go!", Kyoki shouted. "Before I start to miss you...", she wispered to herself.

"I'll miss you too, but this is how it has to be.", Yora said and disappeared into the darkness.

"Farewell, Kyoki."

~

Danke Lena, war ein schöner Abend ;)