Safe (Bloody/ Gory Scenes- Not for Children)

Start from the beginning

“That’s a crying shame.” Reece said as he held me closer, away from her advancing army of bloodthirsty nomads. The way he said it was in his confident, high school, rich kid tone that I loved so much.

“Yeah that’s sick.” The words blurted out of my mouth like I was in a cat fight for the hallway wars at school. Not bearing in mind that I could die any minute now.

“I know. Maybe that’s what real love does, Lucy. It makes you sick … but at the end of the day, it makes you win. Sick right?” She smirked at me as she joined her little gang of killer Abercrombie and Fitch models. “Kill them!” She ordered as one of the creepy big guys lounged towards us.

It was easy for Reece to take on the first and second one, slashing their heads off while he’s holding me back but when the third guy came in, he nearly tripped before he could plunge his sword in his chest. I was weighing him down. There’s too many of them and we are clearly outnumbered.

I decided to run behind the camp. I need to find the gate by midnight, by then I’ll officially be a Crowned Head and my blood would open the gate. They want both of us dead. If they really want me dead, they’d come after me. Noticing that the movements of the Dreamscapes are not as fast as the Soul-Suckers, I knew running was a good option. And I was right. I can see three of them running to after me. Now Reece can easily deal with the four that’s left- five plus the crazy Amazon.

I was practically sprinting as I dodged the freaking branches that came my way. And out of nowhere, someone caught my skirt. It was one of them; he tumbled as I pulled my skirt away from him. He was about to grab something behind him but I was quick to kick his ribs.

The cracking sound of his bones was highly audible in the silence of the night. He grunted and growled as I notice his appearance change. His mouth opened and his yellowish lethal canines lengthened. His pupils dilated, devouring his dark gray irises. He’s becoming a monster and I couldn’t just watch. If he’s in full form, killing me will surely be a piece of cake for him.

I need to kill him before he kills me. I didn’t have something to stake him with and suddenly, I remember I actually have one… two. I removed my left shoe and held it with both hands. I raised it for momentum and stabbed him straight in the heart with my four inched cigarette heel. I plunged it deep and his transformation stopped that instant. Blood bursts from his beard framed mouth in a cough but he was still moving so I moved the shoe vertically, dragging the deeply buried piece of glass heel straight down from his heart to his diaphragm.

That totally killed him. I wasn’t as nervous as before bearing in mind mom’s words when I had my first fight in preschool- funny it was with Victoria Clarke. If you only hurt them for self defense, then it’s not your fault Lucinda. I pulled out my heels and slipped it on my feet again. I took the dagger on his back pocket and clutched it while I hid behind the thickest trunk.

I waited for the two other men to come but only one came. I tightened my grip on the seven inched dagger I stole from the guy I just killed. Footsteps came louder and I saw a shadow hovering above the dead guy’s body. He was checking the dead guy’s pulse as his back was on me.

My chances of surviving will be slimmer when I turn my back and run. Now is the perfect time. I raised the dagger above my head and focused all my energy in the one stab on the neck I was about to make. I was determined to do it, but then I heard him say something.

“Dad,” His voice was like of a fourteen year old. My whole body trembled in disgust of what I’ve done. I’ve killed his father. I’ve have made this boy fatherless. I am a murderer.

I stepped back and cracked a twig beneath my heels. He noticed this and turned back to me. His eyes welded up in tears. He looked at me with all ire and repugnance that I deserved as he swings his battleaxe to cut me. I ducked and lunged at him but he didn’t tumble down so I stabbed his stomach with the dagger- his father’s dagger. I stepped away, looking at him as he clutched his generously bleeding stomach. He grimaced in pain as he looked at me with a hint of shock starting to form in his stare.

“Crowned Heads cannot kill,” He said as he slowly paced back. He seemed like he didn’t want to kill me. He was just a boy.

“Sorry,” I turned back to run but he charged. Looks like looks can really be deceiving. One thing I hated about my grandfather in Oscada is that he trains me how to fight every time he had a chance of meeting me. Maybe he was just too afraid that I end up like my sister Lilly- unable to fight when she was abducted. But now, I’m thanking him for it.

I stepped sideways, swooshing through the dry leaves. Twirling around to face his back, I plunged the dagger on the point where his neck and right shoulder met. “Sorry kid, haven’t read the manual.”

Pulling the dagger away I saw a silver knife with fine intricate filigree, peeping on his pocket. I took it and tucked it in the middle of my Battle Ready Armor, thinking that I could use it as I draw my blood to open the gates.

Once again, I ran.