The Plans

0 ABY~

Sage went to the top deck with Bodhi and the rebels that stayed with them. They were watching outside the ship and saw the multiple explosions go off on the other landing platforms across the water. Bodhi cheered for it awkwardly before his eyes landed on Sage. 

Sage smiled at him, "You're doing a great job, Bodhi," she said.

Bodhi smiled, giving a small, awkward nod as a thank you. 

"Troopers!" One of the rebels in the ship warned. He ran to the ladder and called down to the rebels who were on the lower deck, "Troopers, troopers on the left."

They all stuck to the sides as stormtroopers and shoretroopers ran past the ramp. Sage closed her eyes for a moment, "They're in," she spoke to Bodhi.

"What?" He asked, confused.

"They made it into the data vault," She said again, referring to Jade, Jyn, Cassian and K-2. 

"What else?" Bodhi said as her turned on the radio, listening in on the Empire's communications. He knew there was something else by the way Sage's mouth parted slightly.

"The Alliance knows, they're on their way," she closed her eyes, thinking, feeling and connecting with the Force as much as she could, "Baze and Chirrut's team is under attack on one of the landing platforms."

Bodhi examined Sage for a moment, she was getting anxious just sitting here. "Sage, go help them."

Sage turned towards Bodhi, stepping closer, "What?"

"Go help them, we'll be fine here," He promised.

Sage smiled for a moment before she smiled at him and nodded, running down to the lowest deck of the ship. She made her way out from under the ship and snuck into the paradise forest, East of the ship.

Sage's eyes widened as she saw the AT-ACTs making there was to the rebels. It was foggy which covered them for a moment. Sage snuck around in the bushes, getting all kinds of scraps from the leaves. She was near one of the AT-ACTs feet when she activated her lightsaber and ran underneath it, her lightsaber slashing through its foot. 

It took a second but it began falling towards the AT-ACT that was in front of it, taking two down with her as she ran out from underneath it just in time. She ran to the next one, doing the same thing before she finally caught up with Baze and Chirrut who were running with the other rebels away from the AT-ACTs.

"What are you doing here?!" Chirrut asked her as they ran.

"Thought you could use some help!" She said as a large laser almost hit her causing her to stumble slightly away from it as she ran.

They made it to the sandy beach as the AT-ACTs made their way through the forest, knocking down the palm trees. Sage's vision suddenly went blurry and she felt down, visions of a grenade being thrown into Bodhi's ship appeared and she suddenly was brought back into reality. 

Her eyes widened causing her to roll around, dodging an AT-ACTs foot. Her body jumped up and she looked between the forest and the rebels on the beach. She clenched her jaw and swore to herself before running back into the forest, towards the landing pad their ship was on. 

Thankfully some of the rebels' ships had gotten in before the shield gate was closed and they were now all stuck down there and were now taking out some of the AT-ACTs. Sage could see the landing platform ahead of her and examined the situation before her. 

Bodhi was hiding behind a crate, a large cord being held by him. The rebels that were left with him were in a fight with some stormtroopers as Bodhi was obviously trying to get back to the ship to plug the cord in.

Sage just needed Bodhi to get up and she could cover him. "C'mon Bodhi.. get up."

Bodhi then suddenly made a run for it and so did Sage, she ran forward and activated her lightsaber, blocking a couple lasers from hitting Bodhi as he ran. She chopped a couple stormtroopers in half and then ran onto the ramp right behind Bodhi.

He plugged the cord in and started pressing buttons, suddenly realizing she was there from the low hum of her lightsaber. "You came back," he said.

Sage nodded although he couldn't see her, "Of course," she told him.

Bodhi called to Melshi through the comlink, "Melshi, Melshi come in please! I'm tied in on my end, I just need an open-line!"

Sage grabbed a blaster from the ship and instantly aimed at a stormtrooper coming up the ramp, shooting it directly in the chest. The rebels were still somehow holding up outside the ship but Sage knew they couldn't any longer. 

She wanted to go help but she had rather helped Bodhi, shielding him from any attacks. She stood between him and the open ramp, defecting any lasers that came at them with her lightsaber.

Sage could feel the deaths of all the rebels as they died. She lowered her head when she felt Melshi die. Then she could hear the words lowly in her head as she closed her eyes, "I'm one with the Force and the Force is with me."

Bodhi suddenly had a direct connection to the rebels' communications. Sage fell to her knees when she felt Chirrut die as Bodhi kept pressing the buttons, "This is Rogue One calling any Alliance ships that can hear me!" No one answered and Bodhi threw his goggles on the ground, "This is Rogue One can anyone hear me?!"

"This is Admiral Raddus, Rogue One, we hear you!" Admiral Raddus responded from above the planet.

Bodhi let out a sigh of relief, a smile growing on his face, "We- We have the plans-" He started again, "They found the death star plans, they have to transmit them from their communications tower, you have to take down the shield gate! It's the only way they're going to get them through," Bodhi finished, a smile growing on his face.

"Stand by, Rogue One, we're on it!" Admiral Raddus replied.

"This is for you, Galen," Bodhi said quietly causing Sage to turn towards him and smile kindly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was a really short chapter, whoops, the next one will be better and longer, I promise. :)

Xoxo, Chloe