"Hey, pretty ladies! I miss you both so much!" I said as I hugged both of them.

"Hey gorgeous, we've missed you too!" both of them replied.

"Anyways, are you and Matthew finally together? We noticed that he had his arm around you!" Victoria said as she released me from her hug. Matt and me? Together? That is a little weird.

"Oh my god! Please tell me y'all are together!!" Andrea shouted. The boys including Matthew looked over.

"Andrea, keep your volume down! And no? Matt and I aren't together? Do Matt and I look like a couple? I don't want guys to think I'm taken and ruin my chances with Hayes." I replied while I watch their smiles turn into frowns.

"Wait, you still like Hayes? I thought you got over him?" Andrea asked.

"Well, I was trying but it didn't work." I shrugged.

"Speaking of Hayes, he's right there! You should go talk to him! Maybe ask him out?" Victoria suggested.

"I mean, it has been like 2 months seen we've seen each other. I'll ask him if he wants to hang out." I replied to her suggestion. "Alright, I'll go talk to him now. I'll catch up with both of you later?"

"Yeah, see you later!" both of them replied while ushering me to talk to Hayes.

"Hi, Hayes!" I said as I walked to him. He turned around and waved at me.

Oh, hey Mel! How was your summer?" he asked.

"Well, it was pretty boring but Matthew made it fun. I spend my whole summer with him since we're neighbours. How was your summer?" I replied as I leaned against the locker.

"It was fun. Got to spend more time with Skylynn and hang out with Katie." Katie? Maybe it was his relative?

"That sounds fun! Anyways, I wanted to ask if you-" I got cut off by some girl.

"Hi, babe! Do you want to walk me to class?" she asked after kissing him. Babe? He has a girlfriend now?

"Hi love, say hi to my friend Amelia. Amelia, this is Katie. She's my girlfriend." girlfriend. I felt my heart stop.

"Hi, Amelia! It's nice to meet you!" She said as she smiles and places her hand out for a handshake. I shook her hand and smiled at her back.

"Hi! It's nice to meet you too. When did you both meet?" I asked as I tried to hide the fact that I was heartbroken.

"We met over the summer. I heard a lot about you! Hayes says you've helped him a lot." she replied. He talks about me but hasn't talked to me about her? She's so pretty. She's so much prettier than me and she's so nice too. I can't hate her for dating Hayes. I can't even blame Hayes for liking her.

"Hopefully he says nice things about me!" I said as I laughed. "I have to go now but it was nice meeting you, Katie. I hope to see you around!" I said as tried to walk away.

"Wait, didn't you have something to ask me?" Hayes asked me

."Oh, it's nothing important." I quickly replied.

"You sure?" he asked while looking at me.

"Yup, I can just ask Matt" I replied while avoiding eye contact. I quickly walked away as I tried to hide the fact my eyes were tearing up.

"Bye Mel!" I heard Hayes say as I walked away.

I was walking away while Matthew grabbed me and lightly pulled me to the side. I looked down trying to avoid eye contact with anyone.