Chapter 10

EDITED - 11/19/18

__________________________________________________  

'Love is like war...

 Easy to start, 

difficult to finish 

and impossible to forget.'  

Unknown

__________________________________________________  

ALEC

  I suddenly wake up before looking down beside me to see a sleeping Yvanna. I suddenly feel parched so I slowly remove my arm around Yvanna. She suddenly moves to the side, her head resting on her hand. I let out a sigh of relief before standing up and heading out of my room. I close the door behind my quietly before heading towards the kitchen.

  I can tell it's early morning but it's still dark out. I pass by a room and hear voices. "He said, "Your mother for the Cup." That sounds like Clary and I got curious before I head towards the room. "Who said that?" I ask, the both of them – Jace and Clary, look at me in shock. "Valentine." They answer and my forehead furrows.

  Valentine is not even here. "He's with my mother." Clary explains while pointing towards her necklace. "And he can speak to you through that necklace?" I ask while pointing at it. She nods in agreement, how long has she known about this? "Here, in the Institute?" I assure before walking towards them.

  How long has she been wearing that necklace anyway? "It's like when I saw Dot." She explains as Jace examines the necklace further. "It's a portal shard, that's why your mother made sure you had it." He explains before turning to face us. "All I know is what I saw. My mother's alive, she unconscious but alive." She explains and I can hear hope in her voice.

  She really wants her mother back. "Where are they?" I ask while crossing my arms. "I don't know." She mutters and I raise an eyebrow at her. "But you said you saw them. Were there any identifying characteristics? Equipment, weapons, photographs?" I ask and she shakes her head.

  She looks at me in irritation. "I don't remember, it was awful." She states and I roll my eyes at her. "Alec lighten up." Jace says and I let out an angry sigh. "I'm trying to get something we can use out of this. Clary, what did you see exactly?" I ask and she looks at me angrily, as if I'm being irritating to her, too bad I don't care.

  I raise an eyebrow at her before she answers. "Valentine has my mother, that's what I saw." She states angrily and I let out an irritated sigh. "Emotions are nothing but a distraction, you're ruled by them. We're taught to control them." I state angrily and she rolls her eyes at me. "And how is that working out for ya?" She asks and I take a step closer, my frame towering over her.

  Fear suddenly replaces the anger in her eyes. "It is my job to protect the Institute, if Valentine can in that's a door I have to shut." I explain and she swallows nervously. "Now let me take a look at that thing." I say while reaching my hand out towards Jace. He lets out a sigh before placing the necklace on my palm.

  I look at it before closing my hand. "Now it's in the proper hands." I say before striding out of the room. "Hey!" She yells after me as I walk towards the training room. "Alec, where are you going?" Jace asks while trying to keep up with me, too bad he can't. I reach the training room without answering them any questions.