Roku

"O anong nangyari?" Coleen asks.

Seriously, sometimes I want to keep things from her because she, being the blabber mouth of the family, will tell Nanay and Tatay. It's going to be so awkward since he and Tatay are colleagues or whatever. I hesitate for a bit.

"Eh I told him, intrigued lang with the idea of him but we'll see where this goes. He's in Japan, my life is in Manila. I have no clue how this is going to turn out."

"Tapos?"

"I told him we'll keep talking but no pressure since he's busy and I'm busy. Visit and at least one dinner when he's in town. Same way with me, if ever I'm in Tokyo. Ganon ganon lang!"

She punches me so hard, I punch her back. But she starts laughing.

"Tae ka, Meng. Sobrang landi mo, kinikilig ako ng very light ha."

We did have a peaceful dinner and he was in fact quite the gentleman.

"Ay! Alam mo ba!"

"Tanga ka. Malamang hindi pa," i sneered back.

"Sabi ni Tatay. I forgot to tell you. Si Richard daw sobrang bait niyan. Dad has been going to Tokyo once a month this past year diba for that business? So whenever nagkwekwento siya he talks about his family, mga dreams and goals niya, and sana daw maka-build siya ng orphanage or something kaya tuwang tuwa si Tatay nung nagkakilala na pala kayo before Ikinari," Coleen explained.

I try not to blush at the thought of Richard, but I also find it weird that Tatay seems to know him more than I do.

"Talaga ba? When did he make kwento?" I tell her doubtfully, because sometimes Coleen likes to play tricks just so she can see the reaction I'm supposed to give.

"Matagal na. Busy ka kasi before we left for Japan so wala ka."

Ate Niki and Kuya Nico enter the room overhearing our conversation, he interrupts me before I could even react.

"Kwinento yan ni Tatay kay Nanay kasi. Tapos bago mag Japan, he wanted sana makilala mo daw siya at least."

"Huh? Jinojoke time niyo ako eh!" I was always the pikon one in the family, and this time, if this was a joke, it's not a good one. I feel all sorts of emotion from amusement to kilig to doubt.

"Di nga!" Niki says. "His exact words were 'Sana makilala siya ni Menggay para siya ang mamanugangin ko."

"Ewan ko sa inyo," this time I try to leave the room with doubts trumping over all other emotions. If one thing is for sure, I have always been a pessimist because this is just too good to be true.

-------
Filler chapter. Super waley. Just trying to conclude the arc of the previous one and so I can move on with what's next. I really don't know where this story is going. I have a few ideas in my head but treat this like a box of chocolates, you'll never know what you're gonna get. Charot.

Haven't proofread anything and all errors are mine.