2. Discovery

Second chapter. I've uploaded in the same night. :) I don't own Hogwarts or any Harry Potter Characters, etc. Hope it's OK. XOXO.

Discovery.

As we sat down i cleared my throat nervously. Obviously this was something important from the way the three of them were sitting all tense and silent. My mum looked over at me.

"Saffron, go wait in your room and wait while the grown ups talk." she told me sternly. My eyes narrowed as i spoke.

"Don't treat me like a kid." I retorted.

"You're only 14 and i'm your mother I can tell you what to do. Go." She ordered. I glared at her as i stalked out of the room and slammed the door behind me before stamping up the stairs and opening and slamming my bedroom door, staying on the outside of it. I tiptoed back down the stairs and pressed my ear to the cool living room door. It wasn't the first time I had done this, I had been perfecting the routine since I was 10. I would listen to the conversation untill i got the information i needed and then quietly creeping back up the stairs and pretending I had been in my room the whole time.

"...Has to come to Hogwarts! This is the fourth time she has used accidental, underage magic and it cannot and will not go on any longer." The woman with the strict scottish accent was saying.

"We will not allow it! We made our point clear when we sent back that stupid bloody owl! She will not be a witch or learn magic tricks or go to some- some magic school!" I couldn't believe it. I had been so scared by what I had done all those times and they told me... Well it was what they hadn't told me that was the problem. i pushed the door open, not helping myself.

"Oh my god, you liars. You never even told me."

"Saffron!" My parents exclaimed standing up.

"Just stay away from me!" I shouted, the tears starting to run down my face as my eyes went blurry. I ran up the stairs and into my room. I collapsed on to my duvet which held a picture of New York in black and white with all of the taxis yellow.

My room was small but I liked it. The lilac walls  were covered in posters and sketches. The floor was covered in a soft, cream coloured carpet which was littered with books and cushions that had fallen off my bed. my desk held my IPod and speakers, my straightners and some magazines I had already read twice and was next to my wardrobe and bookshelf which held my books, CDs and DVDs.

There was a knock at the door.

"Go away" I told the person. An envelope slid under my door and I looked at it as I listened to a pair of footsteps fade away. After a few seconds I picked up the envelope.

"Wait!" I cried, running down the stairs, two at a time and waving the letter. I ran out the house and saw her walking up the otherwise deserted street. "I want to come." The scottish woman stopped and turned around to face me.

"Very well. Hold on to my arm."