The Love Story of Udaivanta....Part 1

We are talking about the time when Banbir had betrayed the royal family of Mewar and had usurped the throne

We are talking about the time when Banbir had betrayed the royal family of Mewar and had usurped the throne. He had already killed and captured Vikramaditya, the third son of Rana Sanga and was all set to kill Prince Udai. The brave and beloved Panna Dai saved Prince Udai Singh. She took Udai Singh and fled out of Mewar to keep the young prince alive and safe. They moved from one place to another in search of protection, but somebody had spread a word that an unruly servant had stolen from the palace of Mewar, so were not to be helped. In the end, Asha Shah Depura, a Jain merchant of Kumbalgarh who was the governor of that area, gave him shelter. Asha Shah Depura had spread the misleading word that Udai Singh was his own nephew.

In the meantime, Raj Rana Jait Singh had fixed his eldest daughter, Swarup Devi's alliance with Rao Maldeo of Marwar. There was an assembly convened at the court of Marwar, where many kings of importance were expected. Rao Maldeo was speaking to one of his chiefs, when he noticed Akhey Raj Songara of Jhalore entered.

"Ah Chauhans of Jhalore," the Rao said looking in the direction of the main gate and went to greet them as they dismounted from their horses. "Akhey Raj Songara, welcome. How are you? How are your daughters?

"Greetings to you too, Rao Maldeo. I am very fine, thank you. As for my daughters, they are all spoken for. By the way, is this not the question why we have assembled here today?"

"We are here to discuss marriage," said Rao Maldeo not hiding his disappointment.

"Marriage indeed, but not yours. Or have you forgotten that the throne of Mewar needs its heir and the heir needs a wife?" reminded Akhey Raj

"Marriage of Banbir! "

"That man is no heir, he is a usurper!" Akhey Raj paused. "The throne of Mewar has been empty long enough. It is time for the real heir to return."

"But there is no heir." Rao Maldeo protested, "Banbir is a bastard he has no right over the throne of Mewar."

"Exactly! Like you said, Banbir is not the official son and bastards do not inherit thrones." Akhey Raj paused, "That is why this question of marriage is so important."

"First we need a legitimate heir," Rao Maldeo objected.

"We have one..."

"An adopted one?"

"No...

"Then who?" Maldeo said exasperated.

"No less than Great Rana Sanga's son" Akhey Raj announced triumphantly.

"Impossible!" Maldeo said laughingly, "Rana Sanga's all sons are dead. Banbir made sure of that."

"Banbir thought that he had killed all of the sons, but Udai was spared."

"How is that possible? I had a word from Karamchand himself that Banbir had put his sword through Prince Udai the same night he had killed Vikramaditya."