Chapter Seventeen

It was all a matter of a second.

As the words left Austin’s mouth, he wished they hadn’t the next second.

“Don’t you just love it too?” Aurora asked him, her face, clearly not drained of the excitement.

Austin let out a sigh, obviously relieved of the fact that she didn’t hear it. He nodded and smiled at her.

“Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you something…” Aurora started. “My mom, she thought that we both aren’t close enough…so she’s set up some sessions with a marriage guidance counselor.”

“A guidance counselor…we don’t need one!” Austin protested.

“Apparently, my mom doesn’t think so…” she argued back. “And, tomorrow is our first session.”

“But tomorrow is New Year’s Day! Why should we be at a guidance counselor’s office?”

“Well my mom believes that it’s some kind of a good luck to start anything on that day…” Aurora explained.

“Does she believe in fairies too?” Austin muttered under his breath.

“I heard that…” Aurora replied back…trying to bite back a smile.

Now she hears…Austin thought.

~*~

“Honestly, what is their problem?” Aurora screamed in frustration.

“You tell me, ever since the two companies got together…both the workers are having some major clashes, my workers are saying that the guy you appointed as manager is not okay.” Austin replied shrugging.

The couple had been sorting it out since the morning, and it was not going anywhere.

“Oh so it’s fully my fault now?” Aurora taunted him.

Austin’s anger was over-coming his words and he snapped back at Aurora.

“Well, several of my workers reported that that their manager uses physical violence. Such behavior is not tolerated.”

“Fine, lets sort it out then,” Aurora stated and looked over to Austin’s P.A.

“Call Mr. Banks and one of the worker’s in.”

The girl nodded quickly and went outside the room, a moment or two later a gruff man came in along with one of the construction workers.

“Let me get straight to the point, this is an alliance company…” Aurora started, giving cold stares to both of them.

“You…” she said pointing to the worker, “Will not get your salary if you don’t work according to your manager’s wish, because the work will not be done and it might only end up in getting you fired.

“And you,” she said pointing to the gruff man. “You better not use any violence of any sort, I don’t care what going on, but it better be clears out because if you don’t have the workers co-operation, you won’t have a job!”

She let out a breath, and gave a brief smile.

“At the end of the day, both of you cannot work without each other…you may now leave.” She said.

The both men looked calm, but anyone would have been sure that their insides were terrified.

Just as terrified as Austin, and the worst part was yet to come.

“You, leave now.” She ordered to Austin’s personal assistant, who followed the orders without hesitation.

“She has a name you know…” Austin muttered under his breath.

“No I didn’t know, you want to know why? ‘Cause I never even came into the office!” she snapped at him. “And now I realize what a big mistake that was, seeing this was the condition.”

“I’m sorry, but did I chain you to the house that made you unable to come here?” Austin snapped back.

“No, but the only time when I was here, there was a very welcoming face of Tasha.” Aurora replied sarcastically.

“Okay seriously? You’re going to bring that situation in now?” he asked in utter disbelief. “Especially after last night, I actually thought we were getting along!”

“I thought we were too, until of course you pointed out that my dad’s workers were completely non co-operative with your workers, and you had to put that blame on me.” She replied back at him.

“I don’t even understand the point of this argument, it’s done and everything is normal!” Austin reasoned, but it just wasn’t convincing enough.

“You’re right.” She shot a fake smile. “It’s all done.” The smile dropped from her face, and she slammed the door on her way out.

Austin was pretty sure that the last three words of Aurora had a much different meaning.

~*~

“So tell me about your marriage…” Sam, the marriage guidance counselor started.

The tension in the room was rising higher and higher by every second. Aurora hadn’t spoken a word to Austin since the whole incident in the office happened, and Austin wasn’t easily going down this time either.

“We’ve been married for 15 days now…” Austin started.

“16 days.” Aurora corrected, not even sparing a look at Austin.

“Two weeks…” Austin compromised.

“Right.” Sam replied, giving a nod.

“And how have these 8 to 9 days been with each other?” he asked.

“I don’t know the answer to that, but I’m sure it would have been terrific without each other.” Aurora replied smiling sweetly.

“We just get each other like that!” Austin exclaimed.

By this point, Sam was so sure that the two hated each other to death.

“Are we done now?” Austin asked, with a tone of irritation in his voice.

“No. I am 65 years old, and I have never seen newlyweds fight like this before.” Sam commented.

“We’re not fighting!” Aurora protested.

“Yeah, if we were fighting, I would have called her names like the untamed shrew or the wicked witch of the west…but I didn’t!” Austin agreed in the oddest manner.

Aurora shot a deadly look at him before replying.

“Wicked witch of the west? Would you like me to grab a carton of coco-pops from the grocery for your breakfast from now on too?” she taunted.

“Enough!” Sam demanded and a deafening silence persisted between the three.

“We are going nowhere. Both of you need to realize that this marriage can work out, only if there is equal co-operation from both sides.” He explained.

“For now, think of it as a project like you kids did in schools and colleges, you both are assigned as partners, I don’t care what you do, but I need progress by the end of this month!” he finished.

“But Austin wouldn’t know what that is! I bet he made other people do his projects for him!” Aurora protested.

“That sounded wrong, in so many ways…” Austin muttered under his breath and Aurora’s cheeks went hot over that comment.

She made sure to think before speaking.

“I need you to come 3 days a week-“Sam started, but was cut off by Austin.

“Great! I’ll drop off Aurora on Monday’s, Tuesday’s and also Friday, because that’s golf day.”

And with that comment, the couple knew that they were back to stage one.

~*~

Hope you guys enjoyed that, leave your comments below. :D

P.S: Please don't expect an update quick, we have our exams coming up... :D