Book of Serah: I'm English

My name is Serah Mckillain. 17. From England.

I may want to tell you everything about me but believe me, Not telling you everything about me will make our relationship work. especially since I'm about to divulge my deepest, darkest deeds.

I'm currently on my twelfth year of my Secondary Schooling, in two years I'd be going to college. I'm not sure I'm excited though, Secondary School is hard enough. I'm not even sure what to go for at college.

I've been at Secondary School as long as I remember. and me and my friends are all talking about our plans in the future, Lailene told me she wanted to be a hairdresser, you know, since she likes to play with hair, brushing it, cutting it, spraying it with hairspray, os sometimes spit. Well, she's weird that way, we all like her.

Maegan is mad at me for making fun of her. I mean she's hoping to one day be a hired tea party guest. Is there a real job like that? People will ask you to pretend to be their guest at a tea party? I may be wrong but since I know that job doesn't exist, I'm more than free to make fun of her. Though at times I think I go way overboard, she throws a fit. It would've been fine for me if she doesn't throw tea sets too.

Now Alex, he's the smartest of all my friends Annoying says Lailene and Maegan. He doesn't go to our tea parties since he thinks they are rubbish,  And everything we say, "Codswallop" he'd reply. He's always on his own, at the far side of my room, just looking at us, throwing occasional questions like, who's been mean to me at class today, or if Mr. O'toole not being a total tool today, then if I tell him someone is being mean to me, he'd promise to plan the most evil plan to murder him. It's a little gross I know, but it's okay. They are just words right? It sort of makes us feel better to plan someone's funeral with them not knowing. It somehow makes the anger, and the bitterness, and the issues go away.

Now if only I could tell them about my weird dream. Dreams actually. since I had the same one the last night, and the other, and the other night as well. Always the same, the old house, the creepy old lady, the face that isn't mine, and the little boy. I think those things would be a little too much for my friends. I can ask them occasional questions too but this may freak them out. 

Can you blame them? I'm still shaken about these crazy things happening to me. and that prophecy thing about me performing a carnage when I turn eighteen? It's creepier that all of Alex's torture plans combined.

"Serah! Supper's ready, come at once." That was my mom from her favorite spot in our house. The kitchen.

She bakes pies as sweet as her voice, She has a very long lock of platinum blonde hair like mine, Our eyes would've been the same if not for its color, hers are the shade of chocolate that glistens gold in the light, while mine's coal black, she said I got it from my father. She said he was a poor miner who died in an underground accident. One day an explosion wrecked the mine crushing everyone under. My father was an unfortunate one. He died the day I was born.

Tragedy happens, my mom would always say, For Life had its reasons taking something very dear to you, An exchange, my mother had me to look after so my father's death was a temporary season of grief.

"Your father was very handsome, He was very strong too. He promised me the world even if all he had was dirt, Some said I married a dreamer, and one of us will be truly unhappy. But we weren't. we lived day to day, surviving, living, loving. He promised he'll give me the world, but all he gave me was his heart, and I was happy as I could ever be."

I wonder what my dad will think of me when he sees me now. Will he freak out to like most people will, at my school? That the mere sight of me is enough to make them run behing the lockers and not appear until I leave the room? Maybe he'll be nice to me. My mom said he's very kind, and my mom never lies to me.

I wish mom was telling the truth too that people aren't really afraid of me, that they are just intimidated by me and my looks, that's why they either avoid me or they give me weird looks. Although sometimes people have more nerves than others since they would literally put one step forward and trip me. they will even call me names like weirdo, or freak from time to time. Truly, people are indescribable.

"Serah? Come down with me, Don't make your soup wait." I looked at the door and saw the warm smile planted on my mother's face as her head peeks from the small opening in my door. "You can play with your dolls later, I'm sure they can wait."

"Okay mom. Just let me say goodbye to them." I smiled back.

"Fine, sweetheart." And she was out, I can hear her footsteps as she went donwstairs to the kitchen.

"You heard my mom. I'll talk with all of you later ok? Goodnight,  Lailene, Maegan and Alex."