Jack

Rapunzel ~~~~~~

I entered her room, being sneeky. I pulled my hair in the room and closed the door.

I laid her on her bed. I wonder what Gallifrey looks like in person? Maybe it's even better then what it sounds like.

I turned and knocked a book over. Huh?

'The Story of Rapunzel', I picked it up and opened it.

'One day a single drop of sunlight fell from the heavens.

That single drop was full of magic, and could heal the sick. It chose the form of a wild flower.

One day an old witch, named Gothel, found it, and she hid it.

But as the kingdom it was created in got bigger and better, a new King and Queen got on the thrown.

The Queen was pregnant, but she got ill. Really ill. So people started to look for that old flower.

It was found and the Queen was made a soup from it.

She got better and a baby girl was born.

Her name was Rapunzel. She had long golden hair, green eyes and red lips.

Everything was happy, until Gothel stole the child. And this time, she was going to keep her flower hidden.'

I couldn't read any more. I felt ill. Was that really about me? Just because it has my name and my ability doesn't mean it's really me. Does it?

I looked out of the window, still with the book in my hand. I sat on the sill and dangled my legs out of it.

"Rapunzel!" Someone shouted. "Rapunzel! Mother is waiting!" Mother?

I put a bit of my hair on one side of the washing line and held both ends. I swung until my feet reached the floor.

"RAPUNZEL!!!!!!!!" I heard again.

I started to run.

I ran past the houses into the forest.

"Rapunzel, down here." I saw a old bed. Well just the wood but, there was no mistress or blanket, but underneath was a hole.

I pushed the bed out of the way, I put the book and the other Snow globe down, and then I knelt down.

"Hello?" I called.

"Hello, hello, hello." It echoed.

I put a hand either side and knelt my head in.

"Hello!?" I shouted.

It just echoed again.

I felt something prod my back.

I turned and looked up.

Mother, wait was she my mother? She looked like the witch from that story.

"Mother?" I said, unsure.

"Rapunzel, dear. I have been waiting here for you. I can't believe you left your tower." She frowned in anger.

Mother grabbed my wrist harshly and pulled me up. She slapped my cheek and eye.

"Ouch!" I put my left hand up and touched my cheek.

"You've been through worse." She spat at me.

"Mother, I'm, I'm sorry." I told her.

"Sorry's not good enough." She turned around and looked back.

"Mother what's wrong?" I asked.

"The Guardian's took my flower!" She shouted.

"No!" I shouted back.

"No?" She questioned.

"No, they didn't. I had a choice." I told her. "Maybe if you had let me go and see the floating lights, I'd had stayed."

"You are coming with me, where no one will ever find you again!" She went to grab me, but I stopped her.

"No." I said.

"Rapunzel either you come with me, or I drag you by your hair." She told me.

I didn't move.

"What if I was to hurt one of your friends?" She questioned.

"Who?" I asked.

"All of them." She threatened.

I took a step back. She revealed a knife.

"You know, me and Pitch are good friends, you should join us." She took a couple of steps closer as I went back.

She pointed the knife towards me and was about to slash. I closed my eyes.

"Argh!" She shouted.

Nothing happened. I opened one eye, to find her and Jack fighting. He knocked the knife out of her hand and pushed her down the hole.

"Jack!" I said.

He turned but he still had yellow eyes.

"Argh." He moaned as he clutched his side. I looked at the knife to see blood.

"Jack!" I ran to him.

"Stay away!" He snarled.

"I can help." I told him.

"No you can't, you're just a stupid girl." He stumbled.

"No. I'm not." I put his left arm over my shoulders and held him

as I walked him away from the hole.

I laid him on the ground, but he was proped up by a fallen tree.

"Wait here." I told him.

I went back over to the hole and picked up the snow globe, the boom and Jack staff, which he must have dropped.

I brought them back to him.

"I can help, if you let me." I told him.

"How?" He questioned.

"I have magic hair that glows when I sing." I told him.

"Yeah right." He rolled his eyes.

"I live in a town where's no one cuts hair." I mumbled.

I wrapped my hair around him, twice.

"You ready?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Flower gleam and glow." I could feel the power move down my hair as I sung.

I looked into his eyes as I done this. If he wasn't evil and wanting to kill me, I would have laughed at his expression, he was very shocked.

"What once was mine." I finished.

"Do you feel better?" I asked as I unwound my hair.

"Yes," He looked up to me and his eyes were blue. "Punz I feel amazing."

I gasped and hugged him.

"Jack I thought we'd lost you." I told him, I was still hugging him pretty tight.

"Punz, you're going to suffocate me." He said.