Chapter 33

While Jake was in my room, I kept my earphones on, shutting him out. I worked on my homework and I noticed from the corner of my eye that Jake kept examining me, as if trying to find a weak spot just by looking at my facial expressions.

Once he figured out what I was doing, he left without saying anything. 

As soon as he left I put all my books that were on my bed on to the shelf and broke down on my pillows.

I sobbed and sobbed.

Why do I feel like this? Shouldnt I be happy because I killed my worst enemy?

I was confused.  I didnt know what was going on.

I woke up the next morning to a hard knock on my door.

"Go away!" I yelled putting a pillow over my head to eliminate sound. Unfortunately, that didnt work. The person knocked harder.

I reluctantly got out of bed and opened the door to find my father standing in the middle of the hallway. 

My father looked at my face and then looked worried. "Were you crying?" He asked.

I rubbed the sleepiness out of my eyes. "No, why do you say that?" I answered. 

"Well, your eyes are all puffy," he gestured to my face. "Never mind, we have some business to take care of."

And with that he walked into my room.

The ImposibleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara